How do you add wii u pro controller support to virtual console games

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Landbasered, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Landbasered
    OP

Landbasered Member

Newcomer
    Oct 27, 2014
    United States
    Alright, first off, I already understand there is no magical solution to add wii u pro controller support to every virtual console game. I know that.
    I also seem to recall reading that it would involve going into each game individually and adding the support there.
    If this is true, then would it be possible to begin a long project of adding support to say, the 21 N64 games that were released on virtual console, one at a time?
    Or, rather, since that would likely involve file sharing, is it possible to give instructions on how to add pro controller support to these?

Mainly I would like to add it for Super Mario 64, and the Skelux Mario 64 Multiplayer hack.

If there is already a thread on this, I apologize.

2. SickPuppy

SickPuppy New Member

Jul 29, 2009
    United States
    I bought some VC games on my Wii U, could have sworn that they already have Wii U Pro Controller support built in.

3. FreezingIceKirby

FreezingIceKirby Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2014
    United States
    He's referring to vWii's virtual console, where the Wii U Pro controller is not supported at all.

Sadly, I don't think it'll be possible at all to incorporate Pro controller support... unless someone has access to the exact code(s) that makes up these VC games and you can add onto said code. If you did, then you could probably insert Fix94's libwupc library into them... but it all seems very unlikely.

(if it were possible, I'd certainly love it. I'd love the opportunity to play Paper Mario and Majora's Mask with the Pro controller. :lol:)

4. SickPuppy

SickPuppy New Member

Jul 29, 2009
    United States
    You'd think that would make the games Wii Virtual Console games, and this topic may get more replies if it was posted in the Wii section.