Hacking How do use savestates and restart?

• Thread starter TerranigmaFreak
  • Start date
  • Views 1,361
  • Replies 6
T

TerranigmaFreak

OP
Ok, on the site of acekard 2, it says to press and hold L R A B and Down to reset and pick a new game, but it's not working. Does it work on all games or only some games? Also, how do I use the save states feature?

One more thing, I keep hearing about a menu, but when I turn on my acekard it just lets me pick from either slot and then I see the games. Are there suppose to be more features? I downloaded the firmware and left it in my MicroSD. Do I need to leave the firmware in there, or can I delete it after I've used it once?

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For firmwares, delete the old one and place the new one on your card.

For soft-reset, it's capable with all clean roms (I think these are the ones that are by Nintendo, official games). Hold L+R+A+B+DOWN.

If you have all your files on the root of your card, and not organized with folders, it'll all show up when you click MicroSD. Organize via folders.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
IOwnAndPwnU said:
For soft-reset, it's capable with all clean roms (I think these are the ones that are by Nintendo, official games). Hold L+R+A+B+DOWN.

A clean ROM is a ROM that hasn't been modified, e.g. trimmed or patched. It doesn't have to be an official Nintendo game.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IOwnAndPwnU said:
What?

Soft reset needs to first be enabled in the "patches" options and it doesn't have to be a clean rom for it to work(also, some games have problems with soft reset enabled). And as someone has already said, AK2 does not support save states, at least not yet.

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TerranigmaFreak said:
Ok, on the site of acekard 2, it says to press and hold L R A B and Down to reset and pick a new game, but it's not working. Does it work on all games or only some games?

As Seraph said you have to enable it in the "Patches menu" if you don't know how to access that its: START -> Patches. This enables soft-reset for all the games though soft-reset gives you a white screen on certain games, to disable soft-reset for just that particular game press Y on the game in the menu then Y again and disable soft-reset from there.

TerranigmaFreak said:
Also, how do I use the save states feature?
The ak2 doesn't support save states.

TerranigmaFreak said:
One more thing, I keep hearing about a menu, but when I turn on my acekard it just lets me pick from either slot and then I see the games. Are there suppose to be more features?
What firmware are you using?

QUOTE(TerranigmaFreak @ Aug 24 2008, 06:05 AM)
I downloaded the firmware and left it in my MicroSD. Do I need to leave the firmware in there, or can I delete it after I've used it once?
Yes you need to leave the firmware in there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1