OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I still have a few teeth that should be removed =[

I have...
- 2 Pre-Molars + 2 Molars in my Upper Jaw to be removed [The first pre-molar and the last molar in the upper jaw at both sides. I don't have my wisdom teeth yet though]
- a few pre-molars + molars in my Lower Jaw [iunno. Lost count]

How do they remove those teeth? I know they inject something into your Jaw to numb it, but what is the whole process. I hate needles and I am guessing it will hurt since I have never done this before.

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im guessing they numb your gums, wait a few minutes, get something to pull them out.

i guess thats their simple process.

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well if they're lose at all they just use a paste to numb you jaw and then really just pull it out. If its in there pretty good they'll inject you to numb it, wait a few minutes, and then they'll either pull it out with a wrenchy thing, or its bad they'll split the tooth and half and take it out in two pieces.

It does hurt much, I had to have a tooth split and it only really hurt when I got chips stuck in the hole it left.

Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They set a small C4 charge to your gum line. After retreating a safe distance away, they detonate the charge. No more toothache.

Seriously, they just numb you with an anesthetic administered via a needle. Then they grasp the tooth with a plier like tool and yank it out.

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I got my bottom two middle teeth removed for a reason that you don't need to know.
tongue.gif

They injected my mouth with anesthetic or whatever and they pull your teeth out pretty much. Didn't hurt at all. Then they gave me 2 cotton balls to bite down on for a good 15 minute to stop the bleeding.
smile.gif

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Honestly after you
ll be in some pain considering it's in both sides of your mouth. So it might be 2 injections per side. You wont feel it, Till afterward

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hrm yeah. Usually, they'll just give you a shot to numb and yank it out. I've heard that they also might smash/crack your tooth into bits to take it out as well. But those were for wisdom teeth that weren't completely fully grown out yet...

And they usually numb your nerves enough so that you won't feel any pain, but you'll still feel the pressure...unless you get put to sleep.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Years ago I had to get a healthy tooth pulled. The injection for anaesthetic hurt like a bitch, when they injected the needle into my gum. After it went numb it didn't hurt getting it removed. There was a lot of blood afterwards and I had to keep gauze and cotton wool pressed there for about an hour. Not much pain afterwards either. The needle was the worse.
frown.gif

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Edhel said:
Years ago I had to get a healthy tooth pulled. The injection for anaesthetic hurt like a bitch, when they injected the needle into my gum. After it went numb it didn't hurt getting it removed. There was a lot of blood afterwards and I had to keep gauze and cotton wool pressed there for about an hour. Not much pain afterwards either. The needle was the worse.
frown.gif
This is true.
frown.gif
The needle does really hurt more than the pulling out. What tiny said is true too you only will feel pressure not pain really.

@Magmorph Really? My injection hurt more than the whole pulling out of the teeth.

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's true the only painful part was the injection but it wasn't very painful at all. I guess it all depends on the person.

Skyline969 said:
They use a hammer and a chisel, and then pliers to get the remaining pieces.
tongue.gif
No they just tie a string around the tooth and tie the other end to the door. Then they slam the door.

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
One time I had part of a tooth removed cause it was black so instead of removing the whole tooth they cut off the bad part and put filling on the side (which makes no sense) not even 24 hrs later it came off while eating a piece of bread,to make a long story short I went into the dentist the next day and the bastard for some unknown crazy reason decides to shoot cold compressed air into my exposed tooth and it hurt like a bitch.....wanted to kill that dentist.....

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
It depends on your dentist. Generally they inject your gums with anesthetic and yank it out. How much it hurts during and after the operation depends on how much the anesthetic the doc will use and which tooth it is.

I've had bad dentists before. They wouldn't put in enough anesthetic. It hurt. A lot. I had to have another one pulled, but I had a different dentist by then and it wasn't too bad.

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They numb your mouth and then they use sterilised pliers to remove em, you can hear the crunch just not feel it. Trust me i've had 2 of my vampire like teeth removed

poketehpenguin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Edhel said:
frown.gif

The needle doesn't hurt that much, honestly. If you get it more than once in your life, it hurts less the second time.

As for the teeth, they just numb your mouth, wait a bit, use pliers to pull. If there are teeth still in the gums, they have to cut open the gums then pull them out. Not too painful with the anesthetic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [cricket sounds]