Hacking How do I....

Gingy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm currently using Ocarina for my Wii, but I want to load a SNES emulator onto it. But how do I load Ocarina permanently onto my Wii? I know that if I delete the apps folder, than it will cease to be on my Wii. Is there anyway to get it permanently on my Wii so I don't have to get rid of it to use a SNES emulator? I'd really prefer if I could have them both on my Wii at the same time.

Thanks in advance
-Gingy

Gingy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, seriously, I have no idea. I've looked for guides on Youtube and things like that, but I don't know how to keep programs on the Homebrew Channel. For the tutorial I saw for using Ocarina, it said that the apps folder needed to be on the SD card at all times. But if I keep the apps folder on, then I can't put a different boot file on for emulators.

Come on, I seriously need help. I'm not trying to be a troll or anything, I seriously want to know how to do this.

jamsplodge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, this is about the most retarded question I have ever heard.

Amazing that a person can manage to get an exploit running and then install the homebrew channel but then can't work out something simple like this.

Where did all the common sense go?

Oh and no you don't have to name them anything in particular. Anything you like.

CambridgeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gingy said:
HipN said:
Create more folders within the apps folder.

/apps/Orcarina
/apps/SNES9x
/etc...

Do I have to name them anything in particular?

protip: it's faster to just try these things for yourself than to wait ages for a forum to provide a response.

if i *must* answer: no, they do not need to be named anything in particular.

if applicable: sorry for feeding the troll.

Gingy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CambridgeGuy said:
protip: it's faster to just try these things for yourself than to wait ages for a forum to provide a response.

if i *must* answer: no, they do not need to be named anything in particular.

if applicable: sorry for feeding the troll.

It's so cute how you think I'm a troll just because I don't know everything about homebrewing. Honestly, if I was going to troll, you don't think I'd make it less obvious? Please, stop judging people and drop your superiority complex.

Thanks to anyone who actually helped me, I appreciate it. Question answered, thread's purpose has been erased.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: That's a relief to hear. Do you know what happened?