How do I use NTR, and what one do I use?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Kara_Noelle, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Kara_Noelle
    OP

Kara_Noelle Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2017
    United States
    So I've looked around for answers before I've created this post and I have no real clear cut answer to any of this. Looking online, I'm trying to find an NTR that's working for 11.2, and I found a post that claims it works on 11.2. Install worked fine and the first one I did said it was incompatible with my current patch version. Different NTR installed and it loads just fine, and can pull open the menu with X+Y. However, whenever I put any plugins into the plugin folder, they never load or they freeze my 3DS.

For example, Trying to run Animal Crossing NL will flash green for a fraction of a second during the 3DS screen, and it'll freeze on the very first frame of the game loading. ON the other hand, Azure Striker Gunvolt and Cave Story 3D just don't seem to care what commands I put in; it's all ignored and does nothing.

Current specs are:
    ~O3DS running Gateway
    ~~Sysnand is 9.2
    ~~Emunand is 11.2
    ~Games run are installed with DevMenu and run just fine without NTR
    ~NTR developer: I don't remember. All I remember is that it said it was 11.2 compatible. I recall it being like version 3.3 or something, cause that's what the ACNL plugin said I had to have.

Edit: I wasn't sure if the region was a huge issue since it said region free but I went to double check it anyway just to be sure. The Title ID matches the plugin folder Title ID that I'm putting in, so I have no idea what the issue could be.

Last edited by Kara_Noelle, Jan 27, 2017
  2. LegendaryOutcast

LegendaryOutcast Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2016
    United States
    use this video for a guide, the Gateshark2NTR plugins work best in my experience. open menu by pressing [Select]

Last edited by LegendaryOutcast, Jan 27, 2017
  3. SkittleDash

SkittleDash Loading...

Oct 21, 2015
    Skyloft
    ACNL plugins work better on NTR 3.3. Also, where are you getting your plugins? For example, if your getting them from the NTR Plugin thread on here, they open with the select button.

4. Kara_Noelle
    OP

Kara_Noelle Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2017
    United States
    Plugins I get are from http://ntrplugins.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Plugins I know of the Gateshark2NTR thing, but when it comes to a game with no Gateshark, I'd have to end up making my own. This includes downloading a ROM version and tossing that on my Gateway just so I can fail to create a basic infinite HP/Mana/etc code because apparently nothing is done in exact bytes.

As for the installation, I'll have to wait til later today. Guess for the time being I'll just clear out my plugins folder and get ones from here. Seems that I'm wasting a lot of effort here trying to do this myself cause there's like 50 versions of NTR, each made by their own author or something.

Edit: Apparently I need a step by step on how to even get Gateshark2NTR installed and running. I've gotten the devkit installed, and the C++ is already installed so I don't think that's an issue. I've gone to my Environment Variables and put in the string, but it looks like it's already in there under "Path".

So when running, it says I'm missing VCRUNTIME140.dll. Checked Sys32 and it's there. Got an updated one, still no dice. Make a copy of it and toss it in the folder with Gateshark, and I get a completely different error: Unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). You'd think that you could just get an exe and run it... Good lord NTR is just all kinds of a pain in my jackwagon just so I can get a few things working on my 3DS. FFS.

Last edited by Kara_Noelle, Jan 27, 2017