Apple How do I transfer videos to iPhone 5?

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I've been trying to copy videos (MP4/AVI) to my iPhone 5 by following what I've read on the internet but it doesn't work simply because iTunes says something like "unable to add video to this iPhone device".

It's really annoying that I can't just drag and drop files like on an Android device. :-/

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
From what I recall, iPhones require a certain video format.

I think it supports H.264 with AAC audio, and MPEG-4 with AAC audio...

You can always use Handbrake to re-encode the videos, I believe it has an iPhone/iOS preset so you can just add the video and go. It may take a while, of course, depending on your specs though.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As Tom has said, re-encoding should do the trick, as it did for me when I had this issue with my iPhone 4. Try encoding only one video and then see how that turns out. This is one reason why I now prefer Android over iPhone, I don't have to go through the hassle of encoding or anything very often, and I don't have to use any programs to help me transfer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool