How do I transfer ISOs via USB?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by BluBomberX, May 31, 2010.

May 31, 2010
  1. BluBomberX
    OP

Newcomer BluBomberX Member

United States
    I'm trying to get some ISOs from my computer to the wii and of course it's way to big to fit on my SD card. Some people are talking about transferring data from the computer via USB. Do I need some special USB or something like that?

2. boondoklife

Member boondoklife GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Well, I assume you are trying to load them onto a USB hard disk? If this is so then simply plug the drive into your computer and then transfer the ISOs to it. Then take it back to the Wii.

In reality I think I am missing something or maybe your post needs clarification as to what you are trying to do.

3. Riley

Member Riley GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    If you are using USB, check if your drive is supported. Then plug your USB device into your wii and format it too WBFS using any usb loader. Now use either Wii Game Manager or WBFS Manager 3.0 to add games to your hardrive via pc.

4. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Well...most common USB drives work fine (check out this list to know which ones work for sure). You use a program like wii game manager or wii backup manager to put it on the drive, plug it in the most outward USB port on your wii and you're done.
    Well...of course you have to have the correct cIOS installed and a USB loader (check out the hacking tutorials), but once all is said and done, you can play the game from USB drive without needing DVD's. [​IMG]

EDIT: ninja'ed. But I want to add to that that WBFS-partitioning is one option. FAT32 or NTFS work equally fine.

5. George Dawes

Member George Dawes Wanker

Trinidad and Tobago
    NTFS doesn't work equally fine, there is no installing games (or write access at all) to a NTFS partition from the wii.

Use FAT32, the most sensible choice.