How do I remove Luma3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ruffygoth, Jun 19, 2017.

1. ruffygoth
    OP

ruffygoth Newbie

Newcomer
    May 16, 2010
    Hello!

Want to sell the 3DS and wondering how to remove Luma3DS since that is the only thing that leaves a ''trace'' that I have hacked the 3DS. One buyer asked about if it was hacked of which I couldn't really lie since he clearly knew what to look for so wondering how to remove that. I'm running boot9strap and Safe9LHinstaller worked for me when I had A9LH but I'm not sure that the installer works to uninstall since I can't get it to boot.

2. Lucifer666

Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

Apr 22, 2011
    The Fourth Dimension
    Are you sure the buyer wanted to make sure that it isn't hacked? Might actually want a CFW'd console for all you know

Anyway, I believe restoring a NAND backup through Decrypt9 then removing all hax related stuff from your SD card should do the trick.

SkyQueen and Quantumcat like this.
  3. ruffygoth
    OP

ruffygoth Newbie

Newcomer
    May 16, 2010
    Hi! Yeah, he asked about Luma and A9LH, didn't want to lie so he said he wasn't interested after that.

How do I run Decrypt9 and does the NAND has to be in some kind of special folder?

4. Oleboy555

Oleboy555 Wie dit leest is een zemmel

Feb 8, 2017
    Netherlands
    Amsterdam
    Sell it to someone else

5. ruffygoth
    OP

ruffygoth Newbie

Newcomer
    May 16, 2010
    How do I boot to Hourglass9 or something of that kind to restore the NAND?

6. SkyQueen

SkyQueen Arch3DS Developer || B0MBrHax

Apr 23, 2016
    Japan
    Seteguya-ku, Tokyo, Japan
    ***THIS INCLUDES REMOVING ANY LUMA AND BOOTSTRAP FIRM FILES YOU PLACED IN THE CTRNAND SO GO REMOVE THOSE AS WELL WITH FBI OR GODMODE9***

Delete all unsigned code modifications and cia files then make a back up of the full NAND using decrypt9.firm payload. When you goto restore you will have three options

┬ĚRestore NAND
    ┬ĚRestore NAND (min)
    ┬ĚRestore NAND Keep Hax

Just choose the restore NAND to get rid of all the hacks to it. Then just delete all the hack folders that are unneeded from your SD. (All except "Nintendo 3DS" & "DCIM" if you have it)

Last edited by SkyQueen, Jun 19, 2017
  7. ruffygoth
    OP

ruffygoth Newbie

Newcomer
    May 16, 2010
    Thanks for the answer! I have a NAND that is pre-hacked, problem is that I can't boot into anything other than Luma when I hold Select while powering on. Tried to put Decrypt9 payload in payloads folder + decrypt9.firm in root of SD. Am I doing it wrong?

8. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2012
    United States
    If it's booting from CTR NAND, it will only load payloads from CTR NAND.

To get it to load payloads from SD, put a copy of Luma3DS on the SD card so it'll boot from SD instead.

SkyQueen likes this.