Hacking How do i remove A9LH from my N3DS?

SushiKing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
My N3ds XL keeps crashing/freezing and i want to remove it completely.

How do i get started and what do i do?

Zorua

I'm not a furry.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly don't think you should uninstall it, A9LH doesn't do that. Did you follow Plaitect's guide? If you did, disable clock+l2 from Luma settings. That should fix it.

SushiKing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah. Just remember to delete any Luma files on CTR NAND.

I just tried it, and this happened: http://i.imgur.com/aLHi5iT.jpg?1

I pushed Start, then FIRM 11.0.. has been detected!

So do i push SELECT to load 10.4
OR Press another button to load FIRM from CTRNAND?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What is the exact problem with your 3DS? It must be pretty bad if your going to give up hax/piracy/homebrews for....

I want to remove it to see if it's my n3ds thats broken, if not i'll install it again :)

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
A9LH has nothing to do with your random freezes, please don't just randomly remove stuff if you don't know what you are doing.
I suggest checking into the MicroSD card first to see if that's causing the problem.
These kinds of threads pop up way too often and it's never been A9LH that has caused the problem

SushiKing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
A9LH has nothing to do with your random freezes, please don't just randomly remove stuff if you don't know what you are doing.
I suggest checking into the MicroSD card first to see if that's causing the problem.

I've tried a lot of options and my last option is to basically remove it completely. It's not my SD Card and ive tried everything else, i just want to remove it first

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I've tried a lot of options and my last option is to basically remove it completely. It's not my SD Card and ive tried everything else, i just want to remove it first
A9LH is not causing your problem.
I honestly don't think you should uninstall it, A9LH doesn't do that. Did you follow Plaitect's guide? If you did, disable clock+l2 from Luma settings. That should fix it.
Did you try this suggestion?

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
If your only goal is to remove it to see if it works, and install it again you'll only manage to increase your chances of bricking. If it is a problem in the 3ds OS, the freezes won't dissappear. With a9lh you have the possibility to restore a nand backup if something goes wrong. The best thing to do is tell us EXACTLY what happens, when, configs, FW version, CFW version, etc
As someone already posted, removing things randomly won't fix anything.

SushiKing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If your only goal is to remove it to see if it works, and install it again you'll only manage to increase your chances of bricking. If it is a problem in the 3ds OS, the freezes won't dissappear. With a9lh you have the possibility to restore a nand backup if something goes wrong. The best thing to do is tell us EXACTLY what happens, when, configs, FW version, CFW version, etc
As someone already posted, removing things randomly won't fix anything.

I've already replaced the SD Card, Downloaded clean copies, tried replacing the boot bin to boot directly in to decrypt 9, deleting the firmware.bin And still freezes/failes to boot. It launches on a backscreen

I'm on 11.2 with luma 6.6 How would i restore my Nand? My only backup is sysNAND-A9LHAX.bin

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I've already replaced the SD Card, Downloaded clean copies, tried replacing the boot bin to boot directly in to decrypt 9, deleting the firmware.bin And still freezes/failes to boot. It launches on a backscreen

I'm on 11.2 with luma 6.6 How would i restore my Nand? My only backup is sysNAND-A9LHAX.bin
Do you have any previous backups?
And it sounds like you screwed something up trying to troubleshoot this issue. What were you doing before you started experiencing this issue?

Reactions: SushiKing

SushiKing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Do you have any previous backups?
And it sounds like you screwed something up trying to troubleshoot this issue. What were you doing before you started experiencing this issue?

Thats the only backup i have sadly, But thats the only thing i havnt tried yet.

It started to freeze randomly while playing games. Then got worse over time to it not booting at all, just a black screen. Happened around the time i updated luma to 6.6 and my system to 11.2eu

Last edited by SushiKing,

RiverPerson

Not A Undertale Fan
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
btw i had the same issue
when you boot up does it crash after 6 sec or something ?
check if your dsp is corrupted
if yes then remove your theme asap
if that doesn't work look at your ext data and see if there is a 0 mb extension
if that doesnt work as well then sadly check for errors if it still correspond then delete every file in your sd card (backup the important ones)

conjoir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the exact same issue as you, the solution is to delete the Nintendo 3DS (this contains your games and saved data so back it up) folder from your SD card, let the system recreate it. When ejecting your SD card from your device, to put files on or remove files from it (if it is the New 3DS XL), MAKE SURE THE DEVICE IS POWERED OFF, do not remove the card when the device is on, it corrupts the data on the SD card.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/random-crashes.456146/

Last edited by conjoir,

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thats the only backup i have sadly, But thats the only thing i havnt tried yet.

It started to freeze randomly while playing games. Then got worse over time to it not booting at all, just a black screen. Happened around the time i updated luma to 6.6 and my system to 11.2eu
Go with this suggestion
btw i had the same issue
when you boot up does it crash after 6 sec or something ?
check if your dsp is corrupted
if yes then remove your theme asap
if that doesn't work look at your ext data and see if there is a 0 mb extension
if that doesnt work as well then sadly check for errors if it still correspond then delete every file in your sd card (backup the important ones)
If this doesn't work, do consider hardware to be an issue. A9LH doesn't cause random freezing and mostly other factors are at play here.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If your 3DS freezes and crashes and you have A9LH, it is quite possible that the only reason it still even boots is that you have A9LH.
By removing it you may get a full brick.
The probable causes are that your SYSNAND is corrupted as fuck or your SD is full of broken files.
Try to fix those problems before giving your 3DS a dead sentence (as install a clean old backup of your NAND, format your SD an copy back only the essential files, etc.)

SushiKing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I had the exact same issue as you, the solution is to delete the Nintendo 3DS (this contains your games and saved data so back it up) folder from your SD card, let the system recreate it. When ejecting your SD card from your device, to put files on or remove files from it (if it is the New 3DS XL), MAKE SURE THE DEVICE IS POWERED OFF, do not remove the card when the device is on, it corrupts the data on the SD card.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/random-crashes.456146/

Thank you so much, this was the problem the whole time... I just deleted the Nintendo 3DS folder and now it works flawlessly!!

The only problem now is, how do i backup all my saved games :/

I have to re-install all my games/themes again but how do i get my saves back?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: