Hacking How do I move to another SD Card?

SparkuA23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
This is my problem, the last 2 years I sent my console to a guy, he hacked it and gave me my console, but I commit the stupid error to sent the console with a 4GB SD Card on it, and now I'm stuck with this low capacity, I tried searching on the Internet if there's a way to move everything from my hacked SD card to a new SD card.

I even tried to make all the Luma, Boot9strap installation again and nothing is happening, even I forced my 3DS to install something via FBI, but FBI refuses to install anything. What do I do I have been 1 year trying to fix this issue.

(Extra: I am also stuck with Luma 7.1, I cannot update, I tried Luma Updater and folowing the process of updating and I am still on 7.1)

My 3DS Version is 11.10 (Old) (US)

Last edited by SparkuA23,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Luma3DS v7.1 means that you are using an outdated version of B9S. Newer Luma3DS version will not work on the old B9S.

Follow this guide:
https://3ds.hacks.guide/updating-b9s (and the Finalizing Setup linked at the bottom of the Updating B9S page)
After that everything will be on the latest version.

There is no such thing as a "hacked SD". Just normal files and folders. If the old SD does not allow copying the contents there is file system corruption and or hardware defect on the SD. Unless you care for specific saves, you can just start on a new SD without copying anything. However if there is something you care for, you can try retrieving the individual file(s) later. File system corruption might be repairable with tools like chkdsk or fsck.vfat – but any writing on a damaged file system might cause further data loss.

Please check the target (new) SD for defects and/or fakes before trusting it.
  1. Copy all your data (if any) from the SD to a computer. Reformat the SD to FAT32, 32kb cluster size, if bigger than 32GB and using Windows with guiformat.
  2. Check your SD Windows, Linux, OS X.
    • If you get any errors replace the SD.
    • If you get no errors copy your files back on the SD.

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,

retrospect

Trophies
XP
Country
I think EmuNANDs (if you have any) stored in a part of the SD card that isn't visible to Windows Explorer. I've always cloned the card with Win32 Disk Imager so that it gets the EmuNAND(s) as well.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

SparkuA23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Okay, I have moved everything from my old SD Card to another new SD Card, the other one I was trying to use apparently was not accepted for this type of thing. Anyways I still have problems with updating Luma, I have tried the method that Kleines sent but I cannot open the Luma Chainloader Menu to continue with the B9S update.

General chit-chat
Help Users
    KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1222680/Need_for_Speed_Heat/