how do i know what psp i have?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by fairlyevenparents, Jan 24, 2010.

Jan 24, 2010
  1. fairlyevenparents
    OP

Member fairlyevenparents GBAtemp Fan

United States
    So i Don't really know what psp i have seeing as i got an used one from my grandpa and he threw out the box...So i'll try to describe it physically wise
    I know i dont have a psp 1000 because my psp isn't bulky plus mine is glossed

Now ill try to describe mine:
    On the back it looks like The "Slim" one on the bottom
    [​IMG]

On the front it looks like this V
    [​IMG]

The battery looks like this V
    [​IMG]

If i look under the batter it says psp-2001
    The serial # is: HU1367499
    I'm on Software version 3.95

I can't tell what the Motherboard Information is because i don't have the retail box and i don't want to open up my psp because i might brick it

2. Danny Tanner

Member Danny Tanner GBAtemp Fan

United States
    2001 is a USA Slim

3. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    :facepalm: Are you trying to ask if it is a 2k or 3k? If yes you obviously have a 2k from the serial.

FYI It is hackable as well.

4. fairlyevenparents
    OP

United States
    Thanks, sorry i don't know a lot about psp's [​IMG] its harder for me to understand then the ds
    Edit:Also no, im not a noob who didn't use the search bar, i did and i went threw most of the psp sticky's

5. Lily

Former Staff Lily One Scary Lady

Canada
  6. fairlyevenparents
    OP

United States
    Thank you guys for helping, also can I buy a Magic memory stick from DX or another trust worthy site or do i have to make it?

7. Skyline969

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    Or, if you have firmware 5.03 or lower, use my installer to do it without a Pandora. You have a CHA PSP, so use the one provided for that.

8. Lily

Former Staff Lily One Scary Lady

Canada
    This is an excellent installer, definitely use this option.

9. Skyline969

Canada
    Haha, thank you lilsypha. [​IMG]

10. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    The shiny back on the PSP Slim looks horrible to hold [​IMG]

11. Supersonicmonk

Member Supersonicmonk GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I'm thinking of buying a PSP 1000 off eBay, the guy said that he hardly played on it and it was an unwanted gift so I assume he never got round to updating the firmware. If it is 5.03 or lower does that mean I only need a memory card of 128Mb or over and no Pandora battery? Also I want to get a 16gb memory stick after seeing the file sizes for some of the ISOs but if I make it into a magic memory card can I still use it for games. sorry to ask and I'm sure I sound like a complete noob but this is a lot more complicated than the DS flashcarts I'm used to and I wan't to be sure that I do it right.

12. Skyline969

Canada
    To use my installer, I would recommend a memory stick of 256 MB, just to be safe. Remember, the installer is 80 MB WITH COMPRESSION, so it'll be more once installed to your memory stick. But yeah, the installer will only work if the firmware is 5.03 or lower. Otherwise, you'll need a pandora battery.

As for the pandora-free method, once custom firmware is flashed to your PSP you can delete the files the installer makes, except the seplugins folder. And technically, the installer doesn't make your memory stick into a magic memory stick... it just puts homebrew and plugins on it. But, they're the right homebrew and plugins to do to the job. A magic memory stick is for a pandora battery, and once you're done installing CFW with it you can just format it (in the PSP) and it's a normal one again.

13. Supersonicmonk

Member Supersonicmonk GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    thanks for the advice, so I just put the installer on the memory card using windows, turn on the PSP, load the installer and follow the inscructions then delete everything except the seplugins folder? also once I download ISOs can I just put them on the memory card and run them or do I have to change them in any way? my friend who also has a psp with cfw said I have to use media manager to move them to the memory card. Is there anything else that I have to know about using the cfw or is that the basics? again sorry to be such a noob but soon I'll get my psp and can stop annoying you.

14. Skyline969

Canada
    You got it right. Only, you put the ISOs in a folder called ISO on the root of your memory stick. Once you're done, there are several tips on that thread. Just read and find out.