How do I install Netflix with Hard Mod Wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by lisambrooks81, Dec 27, 2014.

1. lisambrooks81
    OP

lisambrooks81 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2014
    United States
    Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
    My Wii was hard moded years ago when it first came out. I'm trying to install Netflix on it and I keep getting an error saying "no wbfs partition found. You need to format a partition and add some games" when I try to run netflix from the shopping channel.

I have also tried doing this and it didn't work.....Load your WAD manager from the homebrew channel and use IOS249 for a new install. Say no to NAND emulation and select the source for your /wad directory. Install IOS56-64-v5662 and then Shopping Channel-NUS-v20.

Any suggestions?

THANKS!

2. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    That doesn't sound like an error message one would receive from trying to install an application in the Wii Shop Channel. Walk me through the steps from when you power on the Wii to receiving that error.

3. lisambrooks81
    OP

lisambrooks81 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2014
    United States
    Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
    Using the wad manager 1.7 I select the iso249. From there I keep the nand disabled aND access the SD card. I go to wad folder and install the netflix wad file. I then exit and restart the wii. It shows the netflix channel. When I click on that I get a screen that says that error.

Attached Files:

4. lisambrooks81
    OP

lisambrooks81 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2014
    United States
    Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
    I also downloaded the wbfs file to my external just like I would with a game when netflix came out with the disc and it said it is no longer supported.

5. bootmonster

bootmonster GBAtemp Regular

Oct 26, 2002
    That will be a netflix forwarder you are installing not the actual netflix channel

6. lisambrooks81
    OP

lisambrooks81 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2014
    United States
    Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
    How do I install the channel with the hard mod wii?

7. bootmonster

bootmonster GBAtemp Regular

Oct 26, 2002
    Either find the channel wad or update your shop channel to v21 and download from there

8. lisambrooks81
    OP

lisambrooks81 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2014
    United States
    Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
    I did update the channel update but it was only v20. Would that matter? Nothing seemed to changed after the update. At least I thought I did. The same way I was doing the netflix wad i did the shopping channel I downloaded.

9. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    You need to install the Wii Shop Channel v21 WAD, which you can find using ModMii. You also need to install IOS62, which is what the Wii Shop Channel uses. Once finished, you can go into the Wii Shop Channel on your Wii and download Netflix the normal way.

10. lisambrooks81
    OP

lisambrooks81 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2014
    United States
    Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
    Thanks going to try that now! Here is to hoping it works cause I would rather use Netflix in the bedroom than pay for another cable box!

11. lisambrooks81
    OP

lisambrooks81 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2014
    United States
    Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
    I found the shopping update, but where do I get the ISO62 update? Thank you for all your help!!!

12. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    You might already have it. If you don't, you can also get that through ModMii.

13. brausm08

brausm08 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 15, 2009
    United States
    USA - Midwest
    latest shop (v21) uses IOS56v5662, not IOS62. IOS62 is not used at all any longer.

source