Hacking How do I emulate DS Games ?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, injecting custom roms in the official emulator works fine today as it did a year ago, whether you then play the result in loadiine or create custom installable channels

Reactions: Der_Blockbuster

Der_Blockbuster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, injecting custom roms in the official emulator works fine today as it did a year ago, whether you then play the result in loadiine or create custom installable channels
Yes, but you can install any DS title in the home menu, and, if you want to run a custom game, replace the rom with another.
If you have more questions reply :)
How do I create a custom channel?
And how do I switch the Rom, which method is the best ?

Pokezuculento

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To create totally custom channels:
You can create a custom channel with a ds virtual console game and decrypt it; Go to content/1011 (Or the name of the folder) /rom.nds (Or any .nds file), replace it with another rom, and encrypt with NusPacker.
Then install with Wup Installer Y Mod or Wup Installer GX2 (Personally i use Wup Installer GX2)
To modify an installed game:
If you have CBHC (Coldboothaxchi) download this version of FTPiiU Everywhere, else if use this version (You can download from Wii U Appstore with the homebrew launcher in the Wii U).
Install any FTP Client (If you have PC i recommend FileZilla, but if you are in Android i recommend AndFTP), then open FTPiiU Everywhere and put the Wii U IP adress and the port (The port is right to the : (Example:192.168.1.1:500)).
When it loads in the program go to (If you have the game installed in the System Memory go to mlc, or is in a USB go to usb)/usr/titles/First8DigitsFromTitleID/Second8DigitsFromTitleID/content/1011/ and replace the rom.nds with your rom.
You can find the Title ID in that title key site (I can send you in DM).
If you have any question say it! :)

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
For DS games, the rom is just inside a zip in the "content" folder, there are no other methods, just maybe tools to automate the job

After you have an injection which works in Loadiine ("loadiine format" just means extracted game files with the "code" "content" and "meta" folders), you give your channel a different titleid (it's inside code/app.xml, maybe code/cos.xml, something else under meta...), optionally also changing the icon and description in the same files, then you can convert "loadiine format" to installable with NusPacker

Der_Blockbuster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
To create totally custom channels:
You can create a custom channel with a ds virtual console game and decrypt it; Go to content/1011 (Or the name of the folder) /rom.nds (Or any .nds file), replace it with another rom, and encrypt with NusPacker.
Then install with Wup Installer Y Mod or Wup Installer GX2 (Personally i use Wup Installer GX2)
To modify an installed game:
If you have CBHC (Coldboothaxchi) download this version of FTPiiU Everywhere, else if use this version (You can download from Wii U Appstore with the homebrew launcher in the Wii U).
Install any FTP Client (If you have PC i recommend FileZilla, but if you are in Android i recommend AndFTP), then open FTPiiU Everywhere and put the Wii U IP adress and the port (The port is right to the : (Example:192.168.1.1:500)).
When it loads in the program go to (If you have the game installed in the System Memory go to mlc, or is in a USB go to usb)/usr/titles/First8DigitsFromTitleID/Second8DigitsFromTitleID/content/1011/ and replace the rom.nds with your rom.
You can find the Title ID in that title key site (I can send you in DM).
If you have any question say it! :)
What If i decrypt Mario64 DS and swap the rom with Pokemon Platin and install it but I still have the DS Game Mario64 DS installed will there be a conflict?.

Pokezuculento

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What If i decrypt Mario64 DS and swap the rom with Pokemon Platin and install it but I still have the DS Game Mario64 DS installed will there be a conflict?.
In 1 channel only you have 1 rom, if you replace Mario 64 with Pokemon Platinum only will be Pokemon Platinum, and you cannot have Mario 64, but if you want this game you can install the game of another region (Example: if you have a Wii U EUR, you can install the Mario 64 USA, because install the same title is impossible)

Der_Blockbuster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ahh
In 1 channel only you have 1 rom, if you replace Mario 64 with Pokemon Platinum only will be Pokemon Platinum, and you cannot have Mario 64, but if you want this game you can install the game of another region (Example: if you have a Wii U EUR, you can install the Mario 64 USA, because install the same title is impossible)
Hmmm Im not quite sure what the best method for me is...the swap version with ftpiiu is kinda a bit exhausting.
What would you recommend? Whats the lazyest method and easiest?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You've got a good tutorial you can link?
Thank you both for the help ♥
No, never used Loadiine and don't plan on doing that

But basically you simply put decrypted/extracted games (edited all you want) in the right place on the SD, launch loadiine, and select the game, compatibility is not perfect but fine for the official VC emulators, saves will go to SD

Reactions: Der_Blockbuster

Der_Blockbuster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No, never used Loadiine and don't plan on doing that

But basically you simply put decrypted/extracted games (edited all you want) in the right place on the SD, launch loadiine, and select the game, compatibility is not perfect but fine for the official VC emulators, saves will go to SD
Alright I will try it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, AncientBoi be like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxLoR6H7GxQ