Hacking How do I 'completely' remove a CIA?

TehDave

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thread title basically, I have a problem where eshop thinks I own games I've run as CIA, so it doesn't actually let me buy it. How do I go about removing all traces of the CIA so that eshop no longer sees it, and it no longer causes problems?

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thread title basically, I have a problem where eshop thinks I own games I've run as CIA, so it doesn't actually let me buy it. How do I go about removing all traces of the CIA so that eshop no longer sees it, and it no longer causes problems?
I thought devmenu removed all traces (ticket included)?

Reactions: Margen67

TehDave

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I did was uninstall by pressing x and then confirming. Was I supposed to do another thing to remove the ticket entry?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i guess getting your ticket.db, editing that fake ticket out, and writing it back to the 3ds. or just accept that you are going to save money by not buying the game :(
it's possible to do but there are not really public tools to help you do it easily.

Reactions: Margen67

TehDave

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I wanted to buy an actual copy since I feel it's more than worth it. Also I wanted to move my gateway save to cia but there's no way to do it other than installing a cfw that actually can possibly brick the entire thing, and there's no dump of the US pack in bundle version of 3u that can run in classic mode.

TehDave

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i guess getting your ticket.db, editing that fake ticket out, and writing it back to the 3ds. or just accept that you are going to save money by not buying the game :(
it's possible to do but there are not really public tools to help you do it easily.
Figures. I could redo emunand but that's the nuclear option and wipes everything.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

Uninstalling by BBM or SD management won't solve the problem.

Yup, I went through that before.

To fix it,

1. Backup present your SD card
2. Use a different SD and resetup emunand and update emunand to enter eshop
3. purchase the game from eshop (make payment and all)
4. Now you can swap back to the original SD card. you will be able to "redownload" the game now, as you DID make a purchase.

(the error happened because eshop checks 3DS nand and sees that you 'purchased' the game. however when checking nnid database, you didn't, so download fails at 99%)

I encountered this issue just 2 days ago, and had to find the fix myself.

Let me know if it works for you. It worked for me :)

(I recommended another SD card, so that it would not mess up the files in your present SD card)

Reactions: Cyan

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Uninstalling by BBM or SD management won't solve the problem.

Yup, I went through that before.

To fix it,

1. Backup present your SD card
2. Use a different SD and resetup emunand and update emunand to enter eshop
3. purchase the game from eshop (make payment and all)
4. Now you can swap back to the original SD card. you will be able to "redownload" the game now, as you DID make a purchase.

(the error happened because eshop checks 3DS nand and sees that you 'purchased' the game. however when checking nnid database, you didn't, so download fails at 99%)

I encountered this issue just 2 days ago, and had to find the fix myself.

Let me know if it works for you. It worked for me :)

(I recommended another SD card, so that it would not mess up the files in your present SD card)
I think the download fails at 99% because of the wrong titlekey stored in ticket.db. Obviously the content won't be decrypted with it.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I think the download fails at 99% because of the wrong titlekey stored in ticket.db. Obviously the content won't be decrypted with it.

Yeah,

So what I did was to swap my emunand to before I installed the CIA, made the purchase,
and it fixed the problem.
After that, I simply swapped back in to my original emunand AND I was able to download that game from eshop afterwards.
so my everything was intact!

I dunno how to fix the wrong titlekey in ticket.db, so that was my next best option, which worked.

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delete the extdata? I imagine that might cause a problem. I know that devmenu doesn't delete it.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Would it be possible for you to add an option to FunkyCIA to make a "legit" CIA that would work on the console which purchased the eShop content?

i understand what you want, but for some reason when i try to do it devmenu gives an error... so no :(
maybe one day.. i hope

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Date sticks