Hacking How do I cheat in games?

Chiqx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey. Let's take pokemon x as example. How do I cheat? I have arm9loaderhax. Thanks.

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That depends on what you want to do. For Pokémon games, I personally use one of the save export tools to export my save and edit it on my PC with a program called PKHeX.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Majority of 3DS games use save editors where you can pick apart the save to your liking. You can also cheat for play coins and even cheat for tickets in streetpass Mii Plaza.

The options are wide open for cheating, have fun.

P.S. have respect for online players and keep it to single player please.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
most games the easiest and best method is save editing, which can mostly be done with userland homebrew anyway. If you want to get under the hood a little, you can use NTR and either software on the computer to send gateshark codes over the network to the device, or you can use software that produces a special plugin with the gateshark codes built in. So if save editing doesn't give you enough (like if you want to have fun breaking physics and such real time) then you would want NTR CFW and gateshark codes.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Datel is garbage in regards to 8th gen. I bought their stupid powersaves device, not only can you not create your own codes but you have to connect with their database and they can choose to remove codes on a whim if they personally don't like it. They also released untested codes that could corrupt gamesaves. The whole powersaves thing has left a sour taste in my mouth which is sad when I wholeheartedly supported them 6th and 7th gen.

TL;DR just use save editors, don't rely on powersaves for your cheating.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Datel is garbage in regards to 8th gen. I bought their stupid powersaves device, not only can you not create your own codes but you have to connect with their database and they can choose to remove codes on a whim if they personally don't like it. They also released untested codes that could corrupt gamesaves. The whole powersaves thing has left a sour taste in my mouth which is sad when I wholeheartedly supported them 6th and 7th gen.

TL;DR just use save editors, don't rely on powersaves for your cheating.
ooOOoooOOOR NTR can run Gateshark codes (gateway cheat codes).
OP has A9LH, so NTR is an option.

Chiqx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay um so is this ntr a cfw? But arm9loaderhax is already my cfw and I can't have 2.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay um so is this ntr a cfw? But arm9loaderhax is already my cfw and I can't have 2.
arm9loaderhax is not your CFW, it merely lets you run CFW. You are probably using Luma3DS as your CFW.
And anyway NTR runs on top of your already existing CFW. It just launches from a CIA installed to your home menu

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

https://github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases
Place ntr.bin on your SD card root, and then install the CIA from the link below
https://github.com/44670/BootNTR/raw/master/release/BootNTR.cia
After that you will have to research how to run gateshark codes from NTR.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
arm9loaderhax is not your CFW, it merely lets you run CFW. You are probably using Luma3DS as your CFW.
And anyway NTR runs on top of your already existing CFW. It just launches from a CIA installed to your home menu.
Did you not read that?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Did you not read that?
If you didn't understand, it just launches from the home menu from whatever CFW you use. It won't activate until you run it from the home menu, and it runs on top of your already-existing CFW.
Also again I want to say arm9loaderhax is not a CFW
Edit: Plus you actually can have multiple CFW with arm9loaderhax.

Chiqx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay thank you guys. So if I say I want to edit my saves how do I export them? I have a software on my 3ds it's called something like saveblabla with green letters. But when I open It I don't understand anything. Also, is there a tutorial on how to install nfw and the codes for it?

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay thank you guys. So if I say I want to edit my saves how do I export them? I have a software on my 3ds it's called something like saveblabla with green letters. But when I open It I don't understand anything. Also, is there a tutorial on how to install nfw and the codes for it?
I would just use JKSV and install it as a CIA onto the home menu. It's a bit more friendly with it's layout.
As for NTR and Gateshark IDK, but I do know videos exist for it on youtube, and probably also these forums so you could just search around and probably find one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it