How do i change a game's video format to NTSC?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Darkcloak, Sep 15, 2011.

Sep 15, 2011
  1. Darkcloak
    OP

Newcomer Darkcloak Advanced Member

United States
    I'm trying to play Samurai Showdown Anthology [PAL] but it plays in black and white. I either have to switch my wii from NTSC to PAL or the game from PAL to NTSC, but I don't know how. I have region free everything unlocked in priiloader and I'm using neogamma to load my DVDs.

2. G0dLiKe

Member G0dLiKe who needs a title ;)

United States
    try anyregionchanger and set video output from ntsc to pal.

3. ddetkowski

Member ddetkowski GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    in neogamma, goto settings, choose force NTSC.
    load it and play it.

4. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    DUDE!!! Are you serious that you would recommend that for something like this when there is a much simpler solution that does not require region changing.

And honestly, the guy is just trying to play a PAL game. If he were to region change to PAL then the OP would have a worse time with EVERYTHING because now he would not be able to see anything correctly, let alone this one game.

Not to mention the risk of bricking when obviously this person does not know enough to where he can't can't the video mode for a game but you expect that he can region change his wii without an issue. :crazy:

5. G0dLiKe

Member G0dLiKe who needs a title ;)

United States
    well, tbh I use arc over any other method, and if you can read arc is no harm at all, though i did not think about displaying pal signal on a ntsc tv set, this can indeed lead to problems if your tv is not capable displaying pal signal.

6. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    There are better method that consume less effort. Just use a USB loader and change the video settings for that individual game.

7. Darkcloak
    OP

Newcomer Darkcloak Advanced Member

United States
    Thanks for all the help. I tried the neogamma solution and forcing the video to ntsc480p worked, thank you!