Hacking How can I update to 3.4?

Omgwtfisthat

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I fucked around witht hat softmii package today and it was a shitload of fuck. I wanna update to 3.4. This will keep my HBC but will remove cioscorp right?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'd need to use a game disc with the 3.4 update.

There's no real reason to remove cioscorp, though. I dunno why you're trying to.

MightyMouse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i wouldnt recommended 3.4 to be honest dude.

3.4 = no corpcios / no preloader / no region free

i would recommend installing cios249 rev 9 , making sure you have homebrew channel installed.

and upgrading to 4.0 and you can still retain all features including corpcios and preloader.

make sure you follow one of the guides around here and update using waninkoko's tool

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Usually prople brick their wii when trying to remove stuff to be honest - they always seem to pick a system file and delete it and bang goes their wii - if it dont do any harm let it there.

Waninkokos iso downgrader also lets you update so you can pick the 3.4 and install that - it was on his site , not sure if it still is , but ill be doing up a new pack soon and it will be in it.

Sebastian25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i already have a modchip installed, and I want my original IOS's back. I accidentally installed CIOSCORP. besides the smart ass comments on which one is better, can someone please respond with something useful like what is the most definite way to restore the Wii so that in the future IOS's are intact and unmodified.

Omgwtfisthat

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks guys, but I am trying to get my brother's wii back to how it was before I touched this evil extra stuff. (It was 3.3e with HBC and Backup Launcher installed)

EDIT Well guys I used Any region change and installed 3.2e without that korean disc/starfall hacks thing
Backups wont read in disc channel anymore and I have removed preloader
Does that mean cIOSCORP is gone now?
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @realtimesave, iirc she said she is non binary