Housing Replacement For DS

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by dylan2228, Feb 28, 2009.

Feb 28, 2009

Housing Replacement For DS by dylan2228 at 8:59 AM (713 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. dylan2228
    OP

Newcomer dylan2228 Advanced Member

Australia
    Hi I was wondering, i really want to get a replacement house for my ds. i want the Transparent Replacement Housing Case for NDS Lite from dealextream.com and i was wondering if its actually worth taking the risk of dissembling my ds? [​IMG]

2. xoinx

Member xoinx GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
  3. dylan2228
    OP

Newcomer dylan2228 Advanced Member

Australia
    as much as i would like to i probably shouldn't as i am under 18 and do not posses the money to replace my ds.
    lol im poor =(

4. UltraMagnus

Member UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

United Kingdom
    its easy.

just stay calm, and don't force anything and you will be fine.

and if you do break anything you can just order a replacement part from dx

5. rrg

Newcomer rrg Member

If you never took apart any electronic small devices like maybe an ipod, tv remote control or game controlers I would not try it.
    If you want to practice see if you can take apart a calculator with buttons and put it back together.

From my experience the first time you do it you more than likely will mess something up.

It took me the 2nd and 3rd time before I could do it with out messing something up. ie. ribbon cable needs a spiral twist to fit from the top screen to the bottom on the mobo. That's a PITA. Power and speaker volume buttons are tough as well.

I just ordered 2 clear and 1 white case replacements from DX. So in 3-4 weeks I will be doing them.

my2cents.

6. jos7960

Member jos7960 GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I did it this week. Im 17 and it was my first time taking anything apart. Just use the guide from GBATemp and you'll be fine.

I warn you though. Some parts from DX won't fit and/or do not have sockets for screws. I ended up with a rattling ds lite. I hated it and after 1 day I put my old shell back on.