Hacking HoTD Overkill: Problems

anotherlostgamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Here's the deal: i'm noticing that loads of people are having problems with backups of HoTD Overkill, either with Gamma, Softchip, or even Modchips such as wiikey. Basically some people can make it work, some people can't, and it seens to freeze at different parts of the game.
unsure.gif
To summarize this, I want you to describe which was the .iso you got, what burner, speed, media and number of tries, the software/modchip you use and the outcome. let's see if we can figure out a pattern to make this thing work.

Iso: HoTD Overkill - PAL [EsPALWii]
Burner: ImgBurn
Speed: 4x
Media: DVD-R ELL
Number of Tries: 2
Software/modchip: Wiikey updated
Outcome: Freezes as soon as I start the game on the Wii Disc menu. Black screen, no sound. The Wiimote is deactivated and the only way to turn the videogame off is by pulling the plug out.
hate2.gif

Any ideas?

ConvGr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
well i tried that in 2 wiis one of my friends who had a modchip(wiikey) and in mine which had backup loader in my friend's wii it gave error before even going to the menu of the wii
and in mine it loaded perfectly even though the videos lagged a bit
try burning it again at x1 with verbatim if it still doesnt work then i dont know

Raikiri

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, mine works fine, but if i can help here's the info!

Pal Wii with 3.4E
Iso: HoTD Overkill - NTSC
Media: DVD-R Verbatum
Number of Tries: 1
Software/modchip: Wiikey 1 with uhmm the latest update (the SSBB one)
Outcome: works 100%, finished the game twice already
i'm lovin' it!
biggrin.gif

hope it helps =)

anotherlostgamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ConvGr said:
well i tried that in 2 wiis one of my friends who had a modchip(wiikey) and in mine which had backup loader in my friend's wii it gave error before even going to the menu of the wii
try burning it again at x1 with verbatim if it still doesnt work then i dont know

The video lagging is normal from the game. But your friend's wii is NTSC or PAL and the iso was NTSC or PAL? I'm seeing that most of the problems happen with PAL isos. And Im pretty sure it is not a bad burn, I always used this media and it never failed. maybe there's a problem because it is DVD-R instead of DVD+R?

SaSxorz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been having problems as well. I haven't been able to get both the PAL ISO (brick blocked, changed to use IOS249, as well as unchanged, and both force NTSC and region-changed to NTSC-U), as well as the NTSC-U one (brick blocked, changed to use IOS249, though I haven't tried without it yet) to run using the backup loader, on my NTSC-U Wii. The PAL one would always just show a green screen and freeze there, where as the NTSC-U one said that an error had occurred, to eject the game and turn the power off.

Did anyone who got it to work have change it to use IOS249? That's what the compatibility list here said to do...

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@anotherlostgamer:
Do you have the required IOS installed? I think with a modchip which eats 002 games and the correct IOS installed you should be able to play all games from the disc channel when the region matches the one from your Wii.

sleestax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Iso: HoTD Overkill NTSC-E + Brickblocker
Speed: 8x
Media: Memorex
Software/modchip: 3.2E softmod and Legend of Gamma

Works great.

anotherlostgamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
WiiPower said:
@anotherlostgamer:
Do you have the required IOS installed? I think with a modchip which eats 002 games and the correct IOS installed you should be able to play all games from the disc channel when the region matches the one from your Wii.
Yes, I got the wiikey 1.0 with the IOS installed and with the latest update. I'm pretty sure it is not the problem. I'm pretty convinced it is the media. Gonna go to the supermarket buy some Ridata. It's a shame they don't sell Verbatim where I live.

ConvGr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
anotherlostgamer said:
ConvGr said:

The video lagging is normal from the game. But your friend's wii is NTSC or PAL and the iso was NTSC or PAL? I'm seeing that most of the problems happen with PAL isos. And Im pretty sure it is not a bad burn, I always used this media and it never failed. maybe there's a problem because it is DVD-R instead of DVD+R?

it was ntsc and i turned it to pal to me its working realy good i dont have any problem...

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
Iso: HoTD Overkill - PAL iCON
Burner: Pioneer 215
Software: Imgburn
Speed: 18x
Media: Verbatim 16x -R (MCC 03RG20)
Software/modchip: Wiikey on Launch DMS 3.4 fw; Wasabi on D2C wii, 3.3 fw
Outcome: Works fine.

anotherlostgamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I FINALLY got it working! The problem was on the archive. It was corrupted on the first sections, so it sisn't activated the rest of the game. I just downloaded another one and it works.
gbasp.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
anotherlostgamer said:
I FINALLY got it working! The problem was on the archive. It was corrupted on the first sections, so it sisn't activated the rest of the game. I just downloaded another one and it works.
gbasp.gif

Lol, so that's the soruce of all the trouble.

Why the hell do the pirate release groups STILL fuck up archives? I don't understand how it's possible to create a not working archive even when i have that intention.

musicman61554

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NTSC Console With 3.4U
Iso: HoTD Overkill - NTSC U
Burner: IMG Burn
Speed: 4X
Media: DVD-R Sony
Software/modchip: Backup Channel Gamma

Works Great

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Wii: PAL 3.2E
Iso: HoTD Overkill - PAL [WiiSOS]
Media: DVD-R Verbatim
Software/modchip: Wiikey 1.9s
Outcome: Works great, played the Story-Mode with no Problems, Directors Cut is half finished, no problems.

Edit: Too late...anyways, everybody knows that this works fawlessly...so close this Thread?

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wii: PAL 3.2E
Iso: HoTD Overkill - PAL iCON
Speed: 4x (always - I'm in no rush)
Media: DVD-R Verbatim (But of course!)
Software/modchip: Wiikey 1.9s & Wiigator Gamma (just out of curiosity)
Outcome: Story mode completed - got stuck once with a zombie hiding half in/out of a doorway but other than that no issues. DC under way, but nothing to report yet. Mini games work fine.

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you know if you guys did your research the ORIGINAL aka no burnt bought from the store copies have the same issues like the swamp level zombies not rising from the ground, certain points unpassable even though you killed all the "mutants dont use the z word lmao all of these happen in the original as well it has nothing to do with burning it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@