Hong Kong Registered Shipping

Discussion in 'Online Stores and Purchases' started by kieran, Apr 26, 2010.

Apr 26, 2010

Hong Kong Registered Shipping by kieran at 5:31 PM (959 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. kieran
    OP

kieran Newbie

^^Once I enter my tracking number, i'm sent to a page that asks for the above^^. I tried to enter my shoptemp order number, and I also entered nothing. Should I enter anything? I can only enter 9 digits. I made my order last wednesday. I undersdtand that it takes some time for my order to come up on their system, but I am just wondering about the "Enquiry Reference Number".

Thanks.

2. Costello

Administrator Costello Headmaster

that number's not available unfortunately, you should ask the support as to why your package still cant be tracked after so many days.
    please contact the support [​IMG] thanks

3. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    You need to enter a HK post tracking number such as RB157119787HK (mine) into http://app3.hongkongpost.com/CGI/mt/enquiry.jsp
    Not your ShopTemp order number.

4. kieran
    OP

kieran Newbie

I am well aware of this. I tried to enter various things into the "Enquiry Reference Number" page, which is what appears after you enter the 13 digit number.

Anyhow, Thanks Costello for your response!

Edit: tk_saturn: I entered your tracking ID into the system. Was this all the information that was available to you:
    " Destination - United Kingdom

The item (RB157119787HK) left Hong Kong for its destination on 9-Feb-2010"

^^Was it ever updated?

5. hunnymonster

Member hunnymonster GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Here's what Royal Mail have to say about tracking on "International Signed for"

Warning: Spoilers inside!

I'd hazard the reverse is true for packages entering the UK (Royal Mail for some reason don't load the data into their system when it arrives) and indeed any other postal service.

6. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I gave you that as an example so you can see what it looks like when you enter a valid tracking number. That is the last update you get from them, before that there was something a long the lines of "we have you package posted on xxx", then "your package is due to leave for it's destination on xxx".

Once it leaves HongKong the tracking shifts to the domestic postal service in the receiving country, as it's them who take the signature. Once they have it, you may be able to enter the tracking on the Irish postal website and get the tracking info for the irish part of it's journey. It's up to them if they display the tracking info on their website for Airmail Registered packages, Royal Mail doesn't. The tracking numbers are an international standard, in the UK our domestic tracking packages just swap the HK for GB.

I've had HK tracking numbers where it's taken a few days for them to be accepted on the HK post website, but it does eventually accept them. I've had a package just sat on 'we have your package' for over a week. Sometimes it's just out of the retailers hands.

7. EpicJungle

Member EpicJungle stop browbeating me can't you see i'm sexy

Canada
    @ tk_staturn:

I was about to ask the exact question, but know I understand why that's happening.... Thaaaanks [​IMG]

(LOL it's like im the one who made this thread and got it solved)