Misc Homepass question

Ente

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,
I have a problem: I want to run Homepass via emuNAND(Firmware: 9.5.0-23 E) but I don't receive the data for streetpass, but everything works fine on sysNAND (Firmware: 9.0.0-20E) and i always receive 6 Miis.
I'm using the SSID: NZ@McD1 and this list . (emuNAND and sysNAND are unlinked)
Anyone knows how to fix it? Is the SSID and the MAC-List not compatible anymore on 9.5.0-23 E?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The SSID whitelist was indeed updated, but NZ@McD1 still works... I can only guess they pulled a 9.0 again (breaks indirect streetpass with older versions)?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes it is. Is that the reason why it does not work at 9.5?

No NZ has ever been password protected that I know of; only some whitelisted SSIDs accept passwords and most of them were completely dropped (or marked as autoconnect but not a Zone) in recent updates indeed

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
In the past (older firmwares), NZ listed with no passwords can still work with a password configured, these include attwifi and NZ@McD1

In the latest firmwares, that is no longer the case.

http://yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/3ds_nzonehotspots.php?version=v16386, ssids with no passwords have SecurityMode = 0

There are some ssids with a preset password stored in the firmware, the 3ds will simply connect to those automatically if they are near. They are useless for homepass purposes unless you know the preset password.

Ebucel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try to remove the Password, this was my problem also.
SO I used virtual router to homepass on my win 7 laptop.

I just tried NZ@McD1
as
I changed it to NZ@McD3 but that's useless also. =(

Is there another way to do this over the wifi connection?

i.e. my laptop was only connected via wifi but would share the wifi connection with the homepass ssid
Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended