Homebrew Homebrewed 3DS with CFW (help!!)

jchillin111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I just completed Steelminer and Frogminer; however, there is one step I haven't completed on the Finalization. https://3ds.hacks.guide/finalizing-setup

I haven't completed section 8, which is backing up my system because I currently don't have an SD Card that's big enough, I'm currently using the one that came with the system and it's only 2 GB's (and there's only like 300 MB of space available)

I am going to order a new SD Card, but I have a few questions.

1) What size SD card size is recommended that I should get? Which sizes will work with my 3DS? (Could anyone link me to one I could purchase off Amazon lmao)
2) After I get my new SD card, will I be able to launch GM9 and back up my system still?
3) Is it OK that I'm not backing up my system right away? (Am I at any sort of risk)
4) Can I delete the Steel Driver: Sub Wars app now? Do I still need it?

I guess that's pretty much it. Thanks again people!

Last edited by jchillin111,

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Don't bump, is against the forum rules.

You should be OK with a 64GB SD card formatted with a 32KB cluster size. A lot of people recommend other tools, but personally I recommend MiniTool Partition Wizard for everything in regard of formatting and makin' partitions. When you're formatting your SD card, you should configure the settings like this:
options.png
When you get you new SD card, copy everything from the original one where you did Frogminer, and it should be fine.
There's no risk right now if you don't backup your NAND, but as soon as you get your new SD you should do it.
And yes, you can delete Steel Diver: Sub Wars.

jchillin111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New question:
Why do I have to constantly "install" themes on Anenome to switch themes? why do I have to keep reinstalling them if I want to switch my theme?

CheddaGuap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New question:
Why do I have to constantly "install" themes on Anenome to switch themes? why do I have to keep reinstalling them if I want to switch my theme?

Im not understanding what you mean by that... So your telling me that after you install a theme it keeps asking you to install? Wanna send a pic because i never heard or seen that before. What i do know is that if you wanna change to a new theme, just go to nintendo themes from homescreen and select anything... i usually select no theme, then go into Anemone and install new theme.

Last edited by CheddaGuap,

jchillin111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have two themes, and there is no way to select one theme. I have to click on the theme I downloaded, and press install. There is no apply option. I will attach a photo momentarily

EDIT: Photo attached below.

If I go to the home menu and then go to themes, the themes I installed are not in there, and I guess they shouldn't be, I figured they could only be accessed through Anenome. I already have installed these themes a few times just to get them to switch. How the heck do I just not keep installing them? It's so annoying.

If I hover over the theme I want and press start to exit, it doesn't switch themes. Lol I really have no idea how to switch

Attachments

• 20181106_135659.jpg
    20181106_135659.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 134
Last edited by jchillin111,

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
So I have two themes, and there is no way to select one theme. I have to click on the theme I downloaded, and press install. There is no apply option. I will attach a photo momentarily

EDIT: Photo attached below.

If I go to the home menu and then go to themes, the themes I installed are not in there, and I guess they shouldn't be, I figured they could only be accessed through Anenome. I already have installed these themes a few times just to get them to switch. How the heck do I just not keep installing them? It's so annoying.
That's normal. Just "install" the theme and it will be enabled. If you change your theme, you will have to "install" it again.

Install might not be the right word here since you aren't actually installing it. Anemone just sets it as the current one.

jchillin111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's normal. Just "install" the theme and it will be enabled. If you change your theme, you will have to "install" it again.

Install might not be the right word here since you aren't actually installing it. Anemone just sets it as the current one.
That's all I needed to know. Simple answer. appreciate it.

CheddaGuap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Correct

Reactions: jchillin111

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, it didn't read apply, did it? lmao.
should keyword as in the dev (if a native english speaker) should have used that word . . . instead its a shitty translation of the word they used resulting in the text install . . . was i that hard to understand that someone else can say the same thing and receive thanks while i receive ridicule . . . so again :rolleyes:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    PotatoStatic @ PotatoStatic: Jesus. Someone really wants to give me speedy loans.