Misc Homebrew Wifi Not Working

MutatedGamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am trying to use NDS backup with wifi. Now, at first it would say cant connect. Then it would be stuck on connecting. I tried another NDS homebrew that uses wifi, and it keeps repeating Connecting Via WFC data
Assocstatus Searching.

Any ideas? D:

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
try using a normal rom first to see if THAT connects? then we can take a step from there?
Im also assuming that you have set UP a wifi access point from a wireless router or such other device to the NDS?

marijom

Trophies
XP
Country
Same problem has two new DS Light with DSTT
When running "NDS Wi-Fi Backup Tool to 0.31f"
the only answer i get is

Connecting for Accesspoint

Can't connect with the Access Point of Wifi
Please confirm the Wifi setting
(A):Confirm

I used Pokemon to setup Wi-Fi and when running pokemon the NDS receaves a adress from the router but not when running the "NDS Wi-Fi Backup Tool to 0.31f" or its ftp conterpart "NDS Backup Tool FTPd 011" no log entry of any activity at all.

twice i have got passed the access point message but then I gets a ftp error message instead before the smallftpd console reacts, the user activity on the console comes after the errormessage.

its like his not waiting long enough to perform the task before giving up.

Is there any other Homebrew Wi-Fi software with better error reporting in that i can try

marijom

Trophies
XP
Country
Somewhere else in this forum I read that NDS Homebrew has a general problem with Wi-Fi and they suggested trying manual settings. I think this was on a buzzy collage network but I'm on a non buzzy home network.

To make a long story short. I still cant use "NDS Wi-Fi Backup Tool" but I'm able to use "NDS Backup Tool FTPd" still with problems, but I'm able to connect more often then not. "NDS Backup Tool FTPd" acting as a ftp-server and echo all requested commands so i can atleast see when they dont understand each other any more and retry

maddpiratekidd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same problem using Acekard2i with akaio

Sometimes it connects with my DSi but has connection stability problems and on my dslite it just flat out refuses to connect.

Everything but homebrew works fine

Ooh and on that note, to get it to connect on my DSi i have to mash random buttons while it says connecting via wfc data or it sits there for a good 45 seconds then says could not connect!

the brew in this case is sylphds, but its not the only brew doing this to me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: old men discussion