Hacking Homebrew that works

alienhead

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I thought i would start a post about homebrew that works with the new autopatcher firmware. Post the name and how you got it working and a link the homepage (if you want to).

nesDS
http://www.cs.utah.edu/~tew/nesDS/
Put it in root of card, roms anywhere.

DsReader
http://gbax.gp2x.de/gbax2007.html (couldnt find a homepage)
put in root. i made a folder called ebooks and dsreader. the dsreader folder contains a settings.dat. ebooks...well holds ebooks.

furfoot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ScummVM
http://scummvm.drunkencoders.com/
goes in root. setup all the settings + games and then quit. plug in the g6 to your pc again and set the scummvm.ini to read only as for some reason it overwrite it with information about the nds games on your card thus forcing it to crash next time you run it after playing a ds game.

GirAiD

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.giraid.com
XP
Country
United States
I really think we should start a G6 wiki, since DLDI is out, and we have a fairly big G6 population. We really need a place to put all the information together

Haruspex

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Anyone managed to get moonshell 1.71 to work?

I tried almost everything and i can't get it to work properly.

It's incompatible with G6DS Real?

jojoh

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I really think we should start a G6 wiki, since DLDI is out, and we have a fairly big G6 population. We really need a place to put all the information together

Agreed!

by the way..h8uthemost, can you make a personal review of G6 real ? I mean comparing it with all the other carts you have, because u have almost all
ph34r.gif

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Agreed!

by the way..h8uthemost, can you make a personal review of G6 real ? I mean comparing it with all the other carts you have, because u have almost all
ph34r.gif

Sure jojoh. Give me a day or so though, ok? If I'm going to do a comparison and review, I want to make it pretty detailed.

Also, until then, you can check out the reviews at DsDatabase. This guy makes the some the best reviews I've read. And he's not a fanboy of one particular cart, so he reviews each one pretty fairly.

furfoot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ok scrap that scummvm.ini contents keeps getting overwritten with the name of the first DS game in ur g6 list in my case "New Super Mario.nds" after you play any game. anyone else got this problem?

jojoh

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil

Agreed!

ph34r.gif

Sure jojoh. Give me a day or so though, ok? If I'm going to do a comparison and review, I want to make it pretty detailed.

Also, until then, you can check out the reviews at DsDatabase. This guy makes the some the best reviews I've read. And he's not a fanboy of one particular cart, so he reviews each one pretty fairly.

Nice to hear that
happy.gif
, im looking forward.

And ive already checked the PharaosVizer reviews ! Ive read every single review about the G6 before deciding to buy it from winsunx .
yaynds.gif

Skyy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

pootman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Can't get it to work properly? Have you got it working at all?
Where does it stop for you? Mine hangs on the white screen after "DLDI Campatible", but that's where a lot of hb gives up on me...

I copied dldi_ds.g6 from the system folder to the moonshell DLDI folder, renamed it g6ds.dldi
Then in DLDI folder copied g6fl.ini to g6ds.ini and edited to BootStrap=None

I've looked through the other ini files for more clues, but other entries seem to be very card specific, so i guess we'll have to wait for the man.

alienhead

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nesDS
http://www.cs.utah.edu/~tew/nesDS/

How well does the nesDS work? Does it run "all" games pretty much 100% perfect? Well as good as you can when emulating games or something... I guess I'm after the fact that I don't want to play sloppy sounding and choppy running roms
ohmy.gif

Anyway.. Bleh. Tell me, pretty please.

Oh yeah and the wiki sounds awesome.
lecture.gif

I only ran dragon warrior 4. it ran fine, a little fast but fine.

Haruspex

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

Can't get it to work properly? Have you got it working at all?
Where does it stop for you? Mine hangs on the white screen after "DLDI Campatible", but that's where a lot of hb gives up on me...

I copied dldi_ds.g6 from the system folder to the moonshell DLDI folder, renamed it g6ds.dldi
Then in DLDI folder copied g6fl.ini to g6ds.ini and edited to BootStrap=None

I've looked through the other ini files for more clues, but other entries seem to be very card specific, so i guess we'll have to wait for the man.

In moonshell setup try to select the rom image for R4, that way moonshell will load but you will have some crazy bugs. You will see for yourself. If by any chance you find a better solution, please let us know.

I will use mediaplayextend in the meantime, whatever...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ