Homebrew Request: Geocaching Application (.gpx viewer)

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Eggman32, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Eggman32
    OP

Newcomer Eggman32 Member

United States
    First of all I should explain what geocaching is for those who don't know. It's a "treasure hunt" type game that uses handheld gps systems and coordinates to find user hidden "caches." More info can be found at http://www.geocaching.com

What I'm looking for is an application that can view .gpx files from the website. If you are a premium member at geocaching.com you can download a query of the caches in your area, included in the file is the cache hint, description, difficulty, ect... Some gps units are directly compatible with this and can view this info, others are not (like mine) if your gps is not compatible you need to either print the info out or view it on a pda or other device that supports the file.
    (More info on .gpx at http://www.topografix.com/gpx.asp)

I would greatly appreciate if somebody would undertake this project. I know it could be used by many! If anyone thinks they can do this, or needs more info or a sample .gpx file please post back.

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. Eggman32
    OP

Newcomer Eggman32 Member

United States
    Anybody at all? I really wish I had some experience in coding... This should be pretty simple, the .gpx file is pretty much just a modified xml text file.

3. Blake1710

Member Blake1710 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    it's not as simple as asking for somebody to do it...

the coder/s would need to have an interest and need in it and a large enough audience to warrant doing it in the first place.

4. Eggman32
    OP

Newcomer Eggman32 Member

United States
    I know, it's fine if nobody's willing, thanks for looking though!