Homebrew Homebrew on 10.3?

Chawinyaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i'm thinking of updating my hardware from 9.9 to 10.3, because as of right now, it doesn't seem like there will be an update for HANs to allow Eshop access due to it requiring you NNID.

So I have two questions:
1) Homebrew on 10.3 is possible, but Ironhax (what I currently use) doesn't work anymore, however OoT does work. So I can have homebrew on 10.3, but Ironhax doesn't work and i'd need to use the OoT method

2) Does Homebrew for 9.9 have anything that 10.3 doesn't? This is pretty much my final deciding factor.

OctopusRift

GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
So i'm thinking of updating my hardware from 9.9 to 10.3, because as of right now, it doesn't seem like there will be an update for HANs to allow Eshop access due to it requiring you NNID.

So I have two questions:
1) Homebrew on 10.3 is possible, but Ironhax (what I currently use) doesn't work anymore, however OoT does work. So I can have homebrew on 10.3, but Ironhax doesn't work and i'd need to use the OoT method

2) Does Homebrew for 9.9 have anything that 10.3 doesn't? This is pretty much my final deciding factor.
1) Yes. Use homebrew to install OoThax. e.g. Themehax, browserhax... so... install Oothax on 9.9 FOR 10.3 first.
2) Nope. Even more... but maybe an arm11 kernel hack... but that's debateable.
3) Your patting gets lesser dog excited.

Reactions: Ace001

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
1. I believe Ironhax should still work as long as you're not using the latest version. However, you had to update to the latest Ironhax payloads before updating to 10.3 because Browserhax and Tubehax don't work. However, all game-based *hax continue to work, including Cubic Ninja etc.

2. No notable difference between 9.9 and 10.3 except that Themehax doesn't work anymore as of 10.2

Chawinyaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Yes. Use homebrew to install OoThax. e.g. Themehax, browserhax... so... install Oothax on 9.9 FOR 10.3 first.
I haven't upgraded yet, so Ironhax does still work

Alright will do, thanks!

Reactions: OctopusRift

Chawinyaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Essentially, reinstall Ironhax using the latest version of the installer (go download a new one). This will give you the latest payload. You must do this BEFORE updating to 10.3.
Btw, is there a point for me to keep Ironfall once I get OoTHax and on 10.3?

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Btw, is there a point for me to keep Ironfall once I get OoTHax and on 10.3?
Given that ironhax still works on 10.3 the better question is, is there a point in getting OoT3D

What you're probably getting hung up on is the fact that you cannot download an exploitable ironhax version from the eShop anymore. Smea did, however, provide working payloads for the OLD ironhax version that is still exploitable ;)

https://mobile.twitter.com/smealum/status/663888138490646528

Last edited by dark_samus3,

smisk42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm strongly considering updating to the 10.3 as well. Themehax is a little more convenient than CN, but I'm not sure if it's worth losing eshop access... I wish Nintendo hadn't been so quick about patching Smea's spoof :/

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Also, make sure you delete your existing save/payload to ensure it updates properly. Check the build date when you load *hax, it should at least be a November build.

Reactions: Ailuros27

KalasGiacomo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I have the same situation as you. Im glad i just have to install ironhax just like the first time i did.
Also, make sure you delete your existing save/payload to ensure it updates properly. Check the build date when you load *hax, it should at least be a November build.
I just create the save on another slot, would it be a problem? (its just to make sure i did it, because if not... BB HB)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: