Homebrew/Luma3DS quick questions

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Ashachu321, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Ashachu321
    OP

Ashachu321 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2016
    Italy
    I've just successfully switched my CFW from the old rxTools to Luma3ds.
    I've got an EUR o3DS XL with sysnand v.9.2.0-20E and emunand up to date.

1) I currently boot Luma3DS from Homebrew, is there a way to boot directly into Luma3DS emunand?
    2) Is there a way to change emunand home theme without affecting homebrew's homemenuhax 2.2?
    I currently do this:
    browserhax > homebrew > install homemenuhax > reboot 3ds > boot 3ds while holding 'Down' > homebrew boots directly > now I can choose to use homebrew apps or enter Luma3DS CFW > Luma3DS > I change emunand theme > when done playing, turn off 3ds > reboot 3DS while holding down > nothing happens, homemenu hax's been deleted

The best set up for me would be:

boot directly into Luma3DS > have a homebrew.cia to enter homebrew easily while I'm into emunand

This way I could change themes without any problems, right? Is it possible?

Thanks in advance, sorry for English typos :)

Edit: If I don't change emunand's theme, homemenuhax always works
    Also, I've found homebrew.cia, now the only problem left is how to directly boot Luma3DS while switching on my 3DS

Since I can now access to homebrew AFTER booting Luma3DS, shall I try this:
    Luma3DS > change theme > install homemenuhax

Also would unlinking my nands solve every kind of issue (this, the wrapped gifts cias, VC inject not working etc)?

Last edited by Ashachu321, Jul 21, 2016
  2. Temarile

Temarile (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)

Jan 7, 2016
    Netherlands
    You are correct. You need to change the theme to what you want and then install menuhax and change the type to autoboot unless a button is held (you currently have type 1, boot when a button is pressed). Unlinking your bands will solve those issues.

Ashachu321 likes this.
  3. Ashachu321
    OP

Ashachu321 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2016
    Italy
    Thanks Temarile! That could solve my themes problem but it would still be uncomfy, wouldn't it? So I've decided to just unlink my nands

I'm trying to unlink my nands but I'm a bit afraid
    Since I already have a full set-up emunand (I did it long ago, I don't even remember the steps I did), where should I start from?

I've backed up my sd card to pc for starters
    I'm planning to do the unlinking with EmuNAND9, now what exactly should I do?

Shall I do something like this? :

EmuNAND9 -> EmuNAND Manager Options -> Backup EmuNAND (or sysNAND? I want to format sysNAND) to file -> put back my sd into pc and transfer on it the backup file -> return to EmuNAND9 -> ???

What shall I do at this point?

EDIT: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-2-(9.2.0-Downgrade) What if I follow Pilatec's guide from point #23 of this page to the very end? Will it work even if I already have an emunand? Shall I format everything first? Will following the guide lead me to having a coolbooted luma3ds through ar9mloaderhax with unlinked nands? Is this the best set up there is?

Last edited by Ashachu321, Jul 21, 2016
  4. bakibandi

bakibandi Member

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2011
    Hungary
    follow this guide, it will help you set up all your needs (I did it, works fantastic):
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...luding-emunand-coldboot-cia-installer.405589/

about themes: I used homebrew CHMM, but it installed into sysnand, and my menuhax got broken, so I searched for themes, and made my own cia using this tool:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...kages-with-custom-and-official-themes.401081/
    You need to choose your own region, up to max. 100 themes. Then simply install it on emunand with FBI. Your theme management will recognize the themes, and you can choose 10 themes to randomize.

Ashachu321 likes this.
  5. Ashachu321
    OP

Ashachu321 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2016
    Italy
    Thank you all, you can close the thread if you please, solved. :3