Homebrew Homebrew Loader Website for Switch?

edepot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that the Switch is confirmed to be able to launch homebrew via custom nro, is anyone going to put up a homebrew loader website?
This is what I think is possible...

The website will register developers who upload their compiled nro homebrew software into their own account.
So how it works is like this:

A developer compiles their new nro.
Create a new program name under their account at the homebrew website.
Upload the nro under that program name.
The website will have a listing of all developers and under each developer a list of their homebrew program names (to modify update, delete, etc)

Anyone who wants to run homebrew (including dev) would simply setup the Switch DNS to a special IP address that provides homebrew from this website.
The Switch will show a list of homebrew categorized by developer or homebrew category, etc.
Selecting it will run the homebrew software.

The site will simply run a webserver (port 80) and dnsserver (port 53) for ReSwitched. This way people who only wants to write software or run software don't have to create the ReSwitched service in Linux.

Edgy_Edge

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
Go FLOG yourself :lol:
Directly FLOG you!
satoru-iwata-directly-to-you.jpg

edepot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can post the source code and also post the compiled homebrew under releases in GitHub as well.

What if you just want to post binary? Does GitHub support it?
Sometimes homebrew authors don't want to post source code to their work, only the binary

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What if you just want to post binary? Does GitHub support it?
Sometimes homebrew authors don't want to post source code to their work, only the binary
I'm not sure but I believe Github has some sort of private repository, you can make a repo private or public (I think).
However, if you only want to post the binary, then Github's not the place for that, might as well just create a thread with the [Release] tag, post the binary and that's it if the developer doesn't want to post the source code.

Fruitboompje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I would love to work this out and do the back-end of this. Is TS also willing to work on this himself? If so, front-end or back-end?

Please let me know, I would love to kickstart this soon

edepot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love to work this out and do the back-end of this. Is TS also willing to work on this himself? If so, front-end or back-end?

Are you actually doing this, or you are asking TS before you do this?

How would it work? You connect Switch to any wi-fi to the internet. You then manually edit the connection to change the DNS to your server. How do you get Switch to go to your DNS server? You have to try to update or try to go into eShop?

D

Deleted User

please stop shitposting
google it first
reswitched says "it cant"
and please, when it will come out you will know... it will be on the front page of many sites

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm not sure but I believe Github has some sort of private repository, you can make a repo private or public (I think).
However, if you only want to post the binary, then Github's not the place for that, might as well just create a thread with the [Release] tag, post the binary and that's it if the developer doesn't want to post the source code.
Last time I checked you couldn't make a private repository on GitHub without paying. It's why I used bitbucket for my one private collaborative project (not console related)

Sorry but who is TS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1