Homebrew Hits Mainstream

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by g00s3y, Aug 16, 2008.

1. g00s3y
    OP

g00s3y Asshole

Aug 6, 2008
    United States
    FL
    Nintend-Owned

Anyone think Nintendo will do anything now, or still not give a damn. I personally think they still won't do anything.

2. noONE

noONE ~~~~~~~~~~~~

May 24, 2007
    Linköping/Norrköping, Sweden.
    Well.. this is kinda old, been alot of talk here about it for 2 days now.
    and yeah.. i don't think this has any bigger effect, than other homebrews available on Wii.

3. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    I doubt it if Nintendo cares about DVD playback. It's when a softmod is released that allows DVD backups of games to be played that Nintendo notices.

4. alex

alex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jul 1, 2008
    United States
    They killed freeloader and action replay, and with the freeloader you were still giving Nintendo money, just Nintendo of another region, and the update blocked all regions. Of course the way the freeloader worked made a bug that lets it load without a Nintendo official check. But still, the person you buy it from on a website like Play-Asia bought it from Nintendo.

5. turtleman

turtleman GBAtemp Regular

Jan 7, 2007
    United States
    Wasn't the mplayer originally supposed to be a proof of concept for the DVD Library? lol, look at what it is now. [​IMG]

6. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    What they will do or what they will not do I will leave to others to discuss but I am deeply regretting attempting to read the comments on that link.

Then again I suppose that falls under sky blue, politicians liars, fire hot, water wet...

7. linkinworm

linkinworm GBAtemp Maniac

May 30, 2008
    Birmingham (England)
    looks like nintendo is going to have the push there DVD player, and theres no excuse for current wii owners to not have it in an update, they will push more people to homebrew if they have a hardware revision.

8. g00s3y
    OP

g00s3y Asshole

Aug 6, 2008
    United States
    FL
    I know that i was talking more in the sense that now not just the hardcore gamers will know about this. A lot of people read ign and this will just make it even more known.