Homebrew! ..for sale?!

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by LuigiXL, Apr 7, 2016.

1. LuigiXL
    OP

LuigiXL GBAtemp Fan

Jan 19, 2016

2. Exavold

Exavold GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 9, 2015
    France
    What a great scam , i mean offer !

3. QuarkTheAwesome

QuarkTheAwesome Working for Hugs

Apr 19, 2015
    Australia
    Stuck in the PowerPC
    This... It's hilarious.

$3.99 isn't a bad price for tech support though.

4. LuigiXL
    OP

LuigiXL GBAtemp Fan

Jan 19, 2016
    There's one for more, with postage costs, in case you need them to print out pages from this forum. :rofl2:

[​IMG]

5. Jack54782

Jack54782 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2016
    United Kingdom
    A9LH CRUSADE
    probably just a vwii softmod tutorial

6. SidneiSantos

SidneiSantos Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2012
    if the kernel exploit 5.5.0 I would pay up to $ 100!
    Worst thing is expected to stay public.

Bubsy Bobcat and LuigiXL like this.
  7. LuigiXL
    OP

LuigiXL GBAtemp Fan

Jan 19, 2016
    Haha, i know right, wait til THAT happens! :ohnoes:

8. mgrev

mgrev Legit Gladiator

Apr 13, 2015
    Norway
    Under Tomato Hentai's stairs
    sicc scam bro. the explanation is probably way worse than the tutorials on gbatemp

DKB, TotalInsanity4 and LuigiXL like this.
  9. Ashell

Ashell Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2016
    United States
    I don't have smash bros for wii, but I would like homebrew vwii. Paying some guy is cheaper than tracking down a copy, and figuring out how to do it all. Probably takes less time too, and someone that has done it before probably wont fuck it up. I have seen stuff like this on craigslist for years. I would pay a small amount for technical help.

10. Blue_Mew

Blue_Mew Shiny Mew!

Oct 2, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Faraway Island
    It is to ship the SD card.

11. iQue

iQue GBAtemp Regular

Jul 10, 2013
  12. nikeymikey

nikeymikey This is now a Spiderman thread.........

Nov 19, 2008
    Why? Hes not selling anything illegal, hes not even selling the homebrew. Hes just offering to walk someone throught the process of setting up their wii/vwii to be able to use homebrew, for a few pound of course.

Not everyone is able to follow the tutorials that are here and other sites. I myself had no problems but ive had to walk friends and family through it all before over the phone.

Red9419, Ace001 and Tomato Hentai like this.
  13. FusionGamer

FusionGamer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 12, 2014
    United States
    Misleading title. He's selling help.

Yoshinecra and Whatnoww like this.
  14. Blue_Mew

Blue_Mew Shiny Mew!

Oct 2, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Faraway Island
    Most people would give someone a guide but he is offering to take time out of his day and offer help, step by step, should he require money, so be it.

15. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 26, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    He's offering tech support for not even the UK minimum wage, presuming he helps you for up to an hour.

16. FaTaL_ErRoR

FaTaL_ErRoR AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ

Mar 9, 2014
    United States
    With the guy the op linked to, you would still need to have the game.
    And seriously you would pay? I have seen many gba temp members go above and beyond for free. All the way down to skyping with the person who is having an issue. Homebrew has always been about being free. People start charging and it really takes away from the OG homebrewers.
    Take lets just say ubuntu for example. It started as a homebrew opening closed source linux. Look at what all it offers as an operating system and it remains completely free. Look at all the people on ubuntu forums ready to answer even the dumbest of questions.
    GBA temp used to be this way too. I honestly hope one day GBA will get back to that core value and shine once again as the helpful site.
    Never and I mean never pay for something when it is offered completely free.
    As long as people like Cyan remain on this site you can get any question answered on installing hbc on vwii or anything else homebrew on nintendo products.
    I honestly think the entire wii u temp community needs a serious overhaul. And instead of insulting one another we should attempt to help users out.
    (That also means answering the threads that pop up from new users no matter how frequent the same question pops up. Even if your reply is links to sticky threads.) Come on guys, you wanna kill this kind of stuff (people charging for free stuff) then we need to pull together and unite the community. And we need to no longer feed the hostility.

17. sup3rgh0st

sup3rgh0st Top Tier Ghost

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    I thought selling non-tangibles was against eBays terms of service? That's why you don't see people selling Air Guitars anymore.

EDIT:: oops, scratch that, tech support is totally okay; http://www.ebay.com/rpp/web-computer-services

Last edited by sup3rgh0st, Apr 7, 2016 - Reason: Learned something new
  18. nikeymikey

nikeymikey This is now a Spiderman thread.........

Nov 19, 2008
    Anyway who is this guy really hurting? Some people just like to pay for stuff because that way they get what they want without all the f***ing about :)

19. Hackintush

Hackintush Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2016
    United States
    THERE'S A THREE YEAR WARRANTY! XDDD

20. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    there is much worse things going on in the world, there will always be someone looking to make a few bucks for making things easier, and from the sounds of it that actually includes the SD card....sure it will probably be a crappy 2 gb card or something but still minus the postage and SD costs he would be making a pittance .....plus he is donating 10% of the proceeds to charity, of all the people trying to sell free crap he seems to at least not be trying to charge a fortune and has a bit of a heart at least, him having his listing doesn't make the free tutorials disappear its just another option for people who can't/don't want to follow free guides

that said maybe 10% could be kicked back to the devs of the software he is using too

Last edited by gamesquest1, Apr 7, 2016
    MarcusD likes this.