OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems to be
Code:
0x0100953009DF8000 Let's Sing 2019

Even 0.74 doesn't fix it for me. Did you already exclude checkpoints saves directory from scanning?
I haven't yet, but here's a test version for ya! Still not sure what the exact prob is yet but this might help?

Edit: Also attached one that should exclude the checkpoint folder as a band-aid fix!

Attachments

• homebrew_details_test.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 308
  • homebrew_details_test_exclude_checkpoint.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 287
Last edited by Chrscool8,
Reactions: lordelan

Chrscool8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your problem is folders with '
Also, std::filesystem + threading + stdio's fread = issues.
If you wanna rock stable code use only libnx's FsFs* calls.
I had a suspicion that was it but it worked okay on my system.

Thanks for the tip! Still getting the hang of libnx.

Reactions: lordelan

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I haven't yet, but here's a test version for ya! Still not sure what the exact prob is yet but this might help?

Edit: Also attached one that should exclude the checkpoint folder as a band-aid fix!
The first one crashes as well but the one with checkpoint folder exclusion worked, woohoo! Finally I can use your app!
Please keep those checkpoint exclusions in your future updates of your mainline releases so I can use them. At least they don't do anyone harm. No one would put NROs under checkpoint/saves/ lol. :D

However, if you still want me to test other builds, just keep shooting them at me.

Edit: Now that it's not crashing and I can test it, I figured that the "App Store Apps" detection doesn't seem to be right on my end. Only two apps got detected as App Store Apps while all other 31 are "Local Apps". This can't be true, since most of my apps are App Store Apps as I always try to have as many apps tracked by the App Store (for updates) as possible. :P

Edit 2: Did two tests of the new "Launch App" feature.
Blobby Volley 2 just restartet Homebrew Details and Goldleaf crashed the app throwing me back to the homescreen with the black error notice.
I know it's experimental, just wanted to let u know. ;)

Last edited by lordelan,
Reactions: Chrscool8

Chrscool8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first one crashes as well but the one with checkpoint folder exclusion worked, woohoo! Finally I can use your app!
Please keep those checkpoint exclusions in your future updates of your mainline releases so I can use them. At least they don't do anyone harm. No one would put NROs under checkpoint/saves/ lol. :D
Thanks!

Could you please make a 'blacklist'-feature?.. Because there's a many Retroarch NROs, for example, that I don't want to manipulate, just all the microSD card but them!

Sweet. Yep! Planning to make an exclusion blacklist soon so that should sort it out one way or another!

However, if you still want me to test other builds, just keep shooting them at me.

Edit: Now that it's not crashing and I can test it, I figured that the "App Store Apps" detection doesn't seem to be right on my end. Only two apps got detected as App Store Apps while all other 31 are "Local Apps". This can't be true, since most of my apps are App Store Apps as I always try to have as many apps tracked by the App Store (for updates) as possible. :P
Interesting! It compares against name and version number to match it. If things update themselves or ... something else weird happens (folder permission issues?) then they may get desynced from that list. Not sure why yet but I'll keep an eye on that as I redo some of the filesystem stuff.

Edit 2: Did two tests of the new "Launch App" feature.
Blobby Volley 2 just restartet Homebrew Details and Goldleaf crashed the app throwing me back to the homescreen with the black error notice.
I know it's experimental, just wanted to let u know. ;)
Nice nice, thanks for the info! Yeah, right now, it seems to only really work reliably with super light things (like 90dnstester), but yeah, it's only like 1 out of 120 lines of code lol.

------------------

No new update release just yet, but I added more info and preview screenshots to the trello board. Check em out!

Thanks, everyone!

Chrscool8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, guys! Long time, no see! Been a bit of weird busy week, family-health-wise, but I've been working every night to bring you the biggest update yet by far!!

--------------------------------

Changelog: [v0.85]
- New native and more efficient folder scanning
- More info about available updates
- Version, name, description, release date​
- New staged Update Wizard
- Threaded downloads for updates
- Updater progress bar​
- Status info in the main page header
- Date, time, battery level, charging status​
- App Launching 99% reliable (especially when launching HD from a forwarder app for max RAM)
- Image assets exported to a folder (/config/homebrew_details/assets/) for theming/customization(?)
- Edit/Replace any assets in this folder and see the changes in the program
- Delete them and they'll be regenerated to default on next launch​
- Lax App Store app scanning setting (if it's missed some apps in the past, this will get more of them)
- Better newline support in App Store descriptions (and everywhere)
- Some additional setting descriptions
- Customizable controls for launching/details so you can choose whichever you'll use more often
- Made the whole program much more streamlined and modular
- borealis update to be more stable all around
- Tons of little fixes

Soon:
- Pin/Favorite Apps to the top of the list (Available now in debug mode)
- Folder blacklisting during scans
- Better scrolling in long dialog boxes
- More robust App Store app scanning for unusually compiled apps
- Progress bar for scanning
- Check for and download App Store app updates

2020073000154800-CFA3C9718A0D109BC3458D1256A090E1.jpg

2020073000160000-CFA3C9718A0D109BC3458D1256A090E1.jpg

2020073000170700-CFA3C9718A0D109BC3458D1256A090E1.jpg

2020073000171500-CFA3C9718A0D109BC3458D1256A090E1.jpg

2020073000172000-CFA3C9718A0D109BC3458D1256A090E1.jpg

2020073000172700-CFA3C9718A0D109BC3458D1256A090E1.jpg

Chrscool8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope everything is okay! :blush:

And once again thank you for an amazing update!
Appreciate it! Things are back to stable so far so it should be okay. Normally I don’t talk about stuff like this, but I figured I should say a little something due to my sudden and uncharacteristic delay. I packed it with lots of fun stuff to make up for it! Hope you enjoy the new version!

LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
This it's not necessarily a bug but is still kinda annoying. If the NRO path is too long, it overlays the version number.

I've seen on other apps that, when a text is too long, they autoshort it to X amount of characters, adding "..." at the end. If you highlight the item (like I'm doing on the screenshot), that text line sidescrolls automatically on loop, showing the entire line.

Attachments

• 0P4g.jpg
    0P4g.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 264

Chrscool8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great job, have been following this thread and your work since the very start. Great progress being made, looks stock

Love it, keep up the great work
You should never worry about that! Take your time! :yayswitch:
Wow, 0.85 is looking amazing! Even with the potential to keep growing, this is already a must-have app
Thanks for the support, guys!

This it's not necessarily a bug but is still kinda annoying. If the NRO path is too long, it overlays the version number.

I've seen on other apps that, when a text is too long, they autoshort it to X amount of characters, adding "..." at the end. If you highlight the item (like I'm doing on the screenshot), that text line sidescrolls automatically on loop, showing the entire line.

I agree 100%. That's exactly something that bothered me and that was my thought of how to solve it! I was actually having trouble figuring out the right way to implement that scroll, but I just got an idea right now of how maybe to do it. I'll give it a try!

Edit:

Proof of concept bodes well. :) I'm gonna have to start contributing to borealis for deeper features!

Last edited by Chrscool8,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-