kizer8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

Is there any way to load the apps for the Homebrew Channel over the network from a folder on my PC rather than the SD card? Anyone have a good step-by-step guide since I am pretty new to this stuff?

Thanks,
Kizer

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wiiload

I couldn't get it working, but many people use this, it's really neat, well, if I could get it to work.
tongue.gif

AliceAwoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hey,

I got wiiLoad to work.

This is how:

Step1: download it.
Step2: put it in a folder with the boot.dol you wan to run
Step3: make a new run.bat or whatever .bat
Step4: put

set wiiload=tcp: the IP of your wii
wiiload boot.dol

Step5: run the homebrew channel and then when its loaded run the batch file.

Kyle

kizer8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all your responses, but I don't understand. How do these allow the homebrew channel to load a list apps to display from a network PC?

AliceAwoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
The homebrew channel doesn't get the list with wiiload what wiiload dose is sends the homebrew file you want to run across the network to the wii and the wii runs it.

kizer8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kyle123 said:
The homebrew channel doesn't get the list with wiiload what wiiload dose is sends the homebrew file you want to run across the network to the wii and the wii runs it.

So it doesn't load a list of apps from a network PC which means I would still need my SD card to see an entire list?

AliceAwoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Well yeah and i don't think it works with emulators where they load files from the SD card as i have never tested it. but its good if you want to run something and can't find your SD card.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I installed sendelf on my PC, then I clicked on a .dol and tell to the PC that always use this program to open this kind of files, so now I just doble clicked them and that's pretty much it...!!!
smile.gif

kizer8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all your replies, but that is not what I was looking for. I was looking for a way to open the Homebrew channel and load a list of apps to run from a network PC. Thanks all.

Kizer

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
kizer8 said:
Thanks for all your replies, but that is not what I was looking for. I was looking for a way to open the Homebrew channel and load a list of apps to run from a network PC. Thanks all.

Kizer

I don't think that exists yet.

All the network functionality for the HBC is currently a PC pushing the data to the Wii not the Wii pulling the data from the PC.

kizer8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AdamBrunt said:
kizer8 said:

Kizer

I don't think that exists yet.

All the network functionality for the HBC is currently a PC pushing the data to the Wii not the Wii pulling the data from the PC.

Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah forgot to turn that off