Homebrew Homebrew Channel (icon,xml,elf) apps packages thread

falco123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm having a little trouble. I've loaded HBC and have wads and apps properly loaded on my card, they show up in the channel just fine, but when i try to run any of them, it just says "Loading" and never goes past 0%. I'm trying WAD installer and manager, neither work. I'm at 3.2U firmware, what am I doing wrong?

killplaystation

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
falco123 said:
Hi, I'm having a little trouble. I've loaded HBC and have wads and apps properly loaded on my card, they show up in the channel just fine, but when i try to run any of them, it just says "Loading" and never goes past 0%. I'm trying WAD installer and manager, neither work. I'm at 3.2U firmware, what am I doing wrong?
are you using version 0.7 or 0.8? because with 0.7 you have to remove any gamecube memory cards that you might have from your wii.
Hope this helps. If not, reply with more details.

falco123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
killplaystation said:
falco123 said:
are you using version 0.7 or 0.8? because with 0.7 you have to remove any gamecube memory cards that you might have from your wii.

I must be using 0.7, because taking them out worked!!! Thanks so much!

But wait...I thought HBC auto-updates; in fact when I first ran it today it downloaded an updated version, and I think the release log said it removed the memory card thing. I don't know what that's about. It would be nice if the channel would say the version number in the corner or something
blink.gif

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
falco123 said:
killplaystation said:
falco123 said:

I must be using 0.7, because taking them out worked!!! Thanks so much!

But wait...I thought HBC auto-updates; in fact when I first ran it today it downloaded an updated version, and I think the release log said it removed the memory card thing. I don't know what that's about. It would be nice if the channel would say the version number in the corner or something
blink.gif

If you press the Home button it will tell you the version in the upper right hand corner.

killplaystation

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
falco123 said:
Nin10doFan said:
If you press the Home button it will tell you the version in the upper right hand corner.

I'm using 0.8 then. It said the memory card thing was fixed, but i guess not...
perhaps its related to the memory card being in during the update process...? You could update again from the elf and see if it gets fixed

elb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
REGARDING MFE media player....

Boy, this was a headache, especially for noobs like me. I wish the readme instructions were written with more clarity. The wiibrew.org instructions are basically different also. Not quite sure what the mfe-fs is, since the readme does not discuss, nor does it remind you that it needs to be unzipped. For the longest time, I couldn't figure out what was going on. Anyway... finally got it to work.

It's exciting technology indeed, but after many hours of finally getting it to work, i was very disappointed. The Gamecube controller can't control the MFE menu... well sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. You have to reset and keep reseting until you get one of the perfect loads that has the controller working and everything. My video file didn't seem to run smoothly, then it eventually froze.

I guess I have 2 questions:

1. Is anybody else experiencing the fickle nature of the controller? Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Any remedy?
2. Any tutorials on the parimeters or specifications of what the video file needs to be in order to play smoothly?

Thanx in advance!

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
elb said:

Boy, this was a headache, especially for noobs like me. I wish the readme instructions were written with more clarity. The wiibrew.org instructions are basically different also. Not quite sure what the mfe-fs is, since the readme does not discuss, nor does it remind you that it needs to be unzipped. For the longest time, I couldn't figure out what was going on. Anyway... finally got it to work.

It's exciting technology indeed, but after many hours of finally getting it to work, i was very disappointed. The Gamecube controller can't control the MFE menu... well sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. You have to reset and keep reseting until you get one of the perfect loads that has the controller working and everything. My video file didn't seem to run smoothly, then it eventually froze.

1. Is anybody else experiencing the fickle nature of the controller? Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Any remedy?
2. Any tutorials on the parimeters or specifications of what the video file needs to be in order to play smoothly?

Thanx in advance!
You have an official GameCube Controller?

elb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SkH said:
elb said:

Thanx in advance!

Yes, gamecube wavebird.

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
elb said:
SkH said:
elb said:

Thanx in advance!

Yes, gamecube wavebird.
Ahh!! Then maybe the WaveBird is why the problem exists. (And/or maybe something around there interferencing it?)

I'm using a normal original GameCube controller, and it's works without a hitch.
wink.gif

originalself

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
killplaystation said:
FireEmblemGuy said:
SkH said:
cosmo2389 said:
Oh, I have another quick question (sorry...) but I just tried running VBA but all it did was load to a black screen, which had

Virtual Boy Advance 1.whatever
Wii Version
(Something here that I couldn't read) in the VBA/Rom

And that was it... I let it sit there for about five minutes, but nothing happened...
I have the ShinyGold Pokemon Hacked rom, in the Rom file... Just in case you need to know!

Well as for VBA, Emerald didn't ran for me too, just white screen (I believe it don't have Real Time Clock so that's why - I need to patch it with the included XPI file to work without RTC). But Shiny Gold... well... maybe it have RTC too?

A: I had RTC working just fine for me; that, or I checked the clock at the exact time I'd set it at when I started. But Shiny Gold is a FireRed hack, and I don't think that had the RTC. However, I haven't run either with the HBC yet; I'll try and get back to you on that.

B: At the very least I got VBA to load up with the HBC, v0.8. Try adding multiple roms to your /VBA/ROMS directory so that you at least get a rom list to come up.
True, put multiple roms in the dir. I'm pretty sure fire-red had RTC. Even the original gold/silver had it. If there's a patch, google will help. No rtc. But i think part of the issue with vba and fire-red is the saving. Is there a patch for that? I'll look.

Sorry if this has been answered; haven't read through the whole topic yet.
There's probably a savetype patch for 1M flash games, but that doesn't seem to be the problem- FireRed works just fine, aside from saving, but I can't boot ShinyGold at all, it just show a glitched Nintendo logo at the bottom of the screen, like when a real GBA can't read a cart.

originalself

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Odd, I was using the newest VBA last night and played the original backup of pokemon emerald without patch no problem. Saved and everything. Did you have the VBA/SAVES in the root? Do you also have the bios in the VBA/BIOS/BIOS.GBA ? I do believe the read me says you need at least two roms in the folder as well.

Warren_303

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
originalself said:
Warren_303 said:
originalself said:

Good looking out but it seems that this version doesn't include wii-mote support.

I'm sticking with the older version for now.
Sure enough. Multiple versions of the same emulator branched off by different people always confuse me.

I agree so many versions for different emu's is confusing. I like your avatar man, Portal is awesome!
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay