Homebrew Homebrew 10.7.0

viv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I have a 2ds on 10.7.0-32 and I'm wondering how I could homebrew it. I definitely can't get access to a version of Cubic Ninja. I could probably borrow a friend's copy of OOT but I won't see them for a couple of weeks. Is there any way to bypass the "Update to use internet browser" message and get access to browserhax? That would be ideal. Thanks (I am a noob sorry if I am saying something that is obviously impossible or something)

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any way to bypass the "Update to use internet browser" message and get access to browserhax?

No.

I could probably borrow a friend's copy of OOT but I won't see them for a couple of weeks.

That works if you have a way to modify the save file on the cartridge, like a save dongle or an already hacked console.

zac122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you happen to have smilebasic installed, then you're in luck. No need to use the browser. Check out "basicsploit". If you don't have that installed already, then I guess you're SOL until you can borrow your friend's copy of oot. Remember though that oot is a secondary exploit and can only be installed with another system, or something like powersaves.

Edit: btw if you don't have a powersaves/another system with homebrew already installed check out freakyforms deluxe. It's cheaper than a powersaves, at least at my local Gamestop. Not sure about any other stores though, might be different around the world.

Last edited by zac122,
D

Deleted User

DO_NOT_UPDATE.
Just follow this guide and everything will be okay.
You'll need some way to access homebrew, the guide covers that too.
Just don't update.

Last edited by ,

zac122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DO_NOT_UPDATE.
Just follow this guide and everything will be okay.
You'll need some way to access homebrew, the guide covers that too.
Just don't update.
...did you read his post? He's looking for a way to ACCESS HOMEBREW. Never once mentioned downgrading. In fact nobody did. The first step is to get homebrew access, which is what he was addressing in the first place.

D

Deleted User

...did you read his post? He's looking for a way to ACCESS HOMEBREW. Never once mentioned downgrading. In fact nobody did. The first step is to get homebrew access, which is what he was addressing in the first place.

Yeah, but this way he can access homebrew and update. Who wouldn't want that?
But, yes, you do have a point, if only simple homebrew is wanted - then the guide may be just a tad too much.
Not sure where you came up with downgrading, though; you're right, no one ever said anything about it. I just suggested to install Arm9LoaderHax™, the Foolproof©™ way to access Homebrew™®® and Homebrew Accessories©®™. I suppose that means I referenced downgrading indirectly, though; the A9LH guide requires the user to accomplish such a feat.

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The guide in and of itself is overkill for the question asked, however it does go over the basic steps of gaining homebrew access...so there's that.

zac122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We can assume the OP probably wants to downgrade since he's asking about homebrew access on 10.7 =p in guessing he's already been pointed towards that guide, and wanted a quick way to get around the browser nag since he doesn't have an available entry point. I wasn't trying to put you down or anything, it's just that we already covered gaining homebrew access here =p

As a side note primary entry points on 10.7 are ninjhax, basicsploit, freakyhax, and what else? That's the question we need to answer to help the OP. But if he can get his hands on an already exploited 3ds and an oot cartridge then that's fine too of course.

Reactions: Deleted User

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IIRC, browser on 10.7 isn't exploitable anyways through current methods, so getting rid of the browser nag is a non-issue (in terms of homebrew access anyways). 10.7 is one version higher than what you can get away with as far as a free exploit, and OP would need a cart based primary entry point (most likely Cubic Ninja or Freaky Forms Deluxe) to proceed any further.

EDIT: As a side note, Cubic Ninja costs seem to have (sorta) calmed down. It can now be had for around 30 dollars or so, and can be bought directly though gamestop's website (maybe slightly cheaper elsewhere even). This is roughly the cost of a normal new game, and will allow OP access to all the homebrew (and piracy if that's what the end goal is) that OP is after.... (I'm under presumption of US region - a flag of Antarctica doesn't tell us much...)

Last edited by dubbz82,
D

Deleted User

IIRC, browser on 10.7 isn't exploitable anyways through current methods, so getting rid of the browser nag is a non-issue (in terms of homebrew access anyways). 10.7 is one version higher than what you can get away with as far as a free exploit, and OP would need a cart based primary entry point (most likely Cubic Ninja or Freaky Forms Deluxe) to proceed any further.

10.7 on an Old3DS works with spider31hax, and 10.7 on a New3DS works with skater31hax.

EDIT: As a side note, Cubic Ninja costs seem to have (sorta) calmed down. It can now be had for around 30 dollars or so, and can be bought directly though gamestop's website (maybe slightly cheaper elsewhere even). This is roughly the cost of a normal new game, and will allow OP access to all the homebrew (and piracy if that's what the end goal is) that OP is after.... (I'm under presumption of US region - a flag of Antarctica doesn't tell us much...)

Looking on Amazon and Ebay (for the US) shows that Cubic Ninja still costs quite a bit ($40 and up!), it seems that Gamestop is the only place that one would be able to get the game "cheap". At least it doesn't costs hundreds of dollars any more.
Also, I don't think that's the Antarctica flag... In fact, I don't think that's a flag at all?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte