Home screen emulator

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Briankealing, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Briankealing
    OP

Briankealing GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 25, 2008
    United States
    Just a quick question...
    Is there a way to emulate the home screen on the DS? (the screen after the warning junk)
    If there isn't, can somebody send me a picture of the home screen? I want to be able to use the button textures and stuff to make a skin for the AK2.

Thanks!

2. Wabsta

Wabsta you fight like a dairy farmer

Apr 25, 2008
    Netherlands
    SCUMM Bar
  3. smealum

smealum growing up sucks.

May 1, 2006
    United States
    SF
    I know no$gba can emulate the firmware as long as you have the bios and select the right options. (Reset/Startup Entrypoint => GBA Bios (Nintendo Logo))

4. Briankealing
    OP

Briankealing GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 25, 2008
    United States
    omg dude thanks so much!

5. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    Two options:
    1. Dump your firmware and BIOS files (there are several tools to do this), name them "firmware.bin" and "BIOSNDS7.ROM" AND "BIOSNDS9.ROM" and put them in your no$gba folder. Change the options smealum said, save the options, then load a game.
    2. http://home.comcast.net/~olimar/DS/firmware.nds - load up in no$gba and have fun.

6. Vague Rant

Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Aug 7, 2008
    Melbourne
    DanTheMan, can you verify that the first option works on no$gba 2.6a? I get the stock "The ROM-image has crashed" error when I try to boot either with my own dumped firmware and BIOS or a downloaded copy. Despite this, no$gba is able to read my settings with my own firmware in the folder: names default to Vague Rant, etc. The hacked NDS version runs fine.

7. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    Works fine for me with v2.6a. Firmware boots, I can access Pictochat and settings fine. It does crash if I attempt to launch the DS game itself from the firmware menu, but I didn't think that the original poster needed this functionality for what he was trying to do. I can't tell from your post if you're saying that this is the issue you're having or if no$gba crashes before reaching the DS firmware menu.

My firmware is dumped from my own DS, and I think I downloaded the BIOS files long ago, can't really remember. CRC value of my ARM7 BIOS is 1280F0D5, for ARM9 BIOS it's 2AB23573.

8. rikuumi

rikuumi GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 2, 2008
    United States
    WA
    thanks wabsta