Homebrew Home Menu help

Spiderkid08

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i have a new 3ds (11.0 menuhax no cfw or hard-mod) and I've been having a problem where whenever i move a icon to another place/folder it always goes back to the way it was before (sometimes icons will move out of folders on their own) this is especially annoying because i like my home menu organized and i have a wrapped icon and it alerts me that i have a new software every time i power on my 3ds any help would be appreciated

ksanislo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i have a new 3ds (11.0 menuhax no cfw or hard-mod) and I've been having a problem where whenever i move a icon to another place/folder it always goes back to the way it was before (sometimes icons will move out of folders on their own) this is especially annoying because i like my home menu organized and i have a wrapped icon and it alerts me that i have a new software every time i power on my 3ds any help would be appreciated

This is a side effect of how menuhax 3 operates, it has to prevent changes to the home menu's save data so it doesn't get overwritten and removed.

The only thing I can recommend would be to find someone with a 3ds with firmware <= 10.7, soft-mod that system so it can be updated safely to v11, then use it to do the DSiWare downgrade on your v11 firmware.

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
what exactly is stopping us from doing cfw on 11.0
We need an arm9 access to have cfw. Latest arm9 exploit = 9.2 fw (so we have to downgrade).
11.0.0 patches the downgrade because the arm9 verify the version of some titles with a hardcoded list.
https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/11.0.0-33#Process9

An arm11 exploit that permits to install legit cia exists (not public on 11.0.0), but not the arm9 one.

Last edited by RealityNinja,

ksanislo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
man, is there ever going to be a way to downgrade without a second 3ds or having to hardmod

Maybe, but I certainly wouldn't be holding my breath waiting for it. The changes in firmware v11.0 have made downgrading dramatically more complicated. Prior to v11 you just needed a hax that could give installer service access, and you could use the built in install methods to replace system titles at will. This made downgrading quite easy as long as you could get basic kernel access. With the new fix Ninty added in 11, system files that need to be downgraded are checked against a list of minimum versions that can be installed. This basically blocks the easy(ish) downgrade ability that's been used for years through the different versions. Now an entirely new method of installing a downgrade needs to be developed before it can be done again.

Personally, I'd go for the DSiWare downgrade while it's still available, even if that means buying a new 2DS to use to set up the hack. Once this method is patched, there's no telling how many years it might be before someone comes up with a new solution.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.