Hacking Hombrew on M3 Real HELP!!!

john310

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so far I only have 4 homebrew apps, and only two of them, which are SNEmulDS and ipod actually works. However, other two application that does not work are Otaclock and SmashBrosRumble, and they both freezes at the DLDI Compatible screen.

I have all these program in the root of my micro sd card, and well, I need help
wacko.gif

Flameburst

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm guessing that you're using teh M3Real Firmware because the same things happened to me before. So far I figured out that if you have the gba expansion pak, you can run them from there. Choose the slot-2 option. Or use the Flashcart OS slot 1. Its a homebrew firmware. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=1950.
Also, I sometimes use the Triple Loader for Sakura, but I haven't tried running SmashBrosRumble.

john310

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flameburst said:
Well, I'm guessing that you're using teh M3Real Firmware because the same things happened to me before. So far I figured out that if you have the gba expansion pak, you can run them from there. Choose the slot-2 option. Or use the Flashcart OS slot 1. Its a homebrew firmware. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=1950.
Also, I sometimes use the Triple Loader for Sakura, but I haven't tried running SmashBrosRumble.

So it seems like I'm lacking those extra RAMs to run those apps...
frown.gif

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
no, those programs just can't be launched from the m3real built-in slot-1 homebrew launcher.
but super smash bros rumble is certain to work if you use flashcartOS to launch it.

john310

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thedicemaster said:
no, those programs just can't be launched from the m3real built-in slot-1 homebrew launcher.
but super smash bros rumble is certain to work if you use flashcartOS to launch it.

FlashcartOS? Is that a m3 program that lets you launch practically any homebrew?

cosmo2389

Trophies
Website
www.myotaku.com
XP
Country
United States
I've noticed something odd...

I use ComicBookDS all the time, and I recently upgraded to a 4GB A-Data microSDHC...
Well CBDS worked fine on my 2GB Japan Kingston (which ironically died a couple days before receiving the A-Data), and now it slows up really really bad when using the directory menu (the menu where you select the book you want and also the submenu after that)...
Oddly enough though everything else works perfectly like it used to (the front menu and the actual turning of pages, etc.)...

So anyone know if this slowdown is because of the longer time it takes to read a microSDHC or is it a problem with ComicBookDS or could my CBDS files be a little corrupt?

Oh yeah, I load it through M3 DS Real Original Firmware and also through FlashcartOS.

bugmenaught

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cosmo2389 said:
I've noticed something odd...

I use ComicBookDS all the time, and I recently upgraded to a 4GB A-Data microSDHC...
Well CBDS worked fine on my 2GB Japan Kingston (which ironically died a couple days before receiving the A-Data), and now it slows up really really bad when using the directory menu (the menu where you select the book you want and also the submenu after that)...
Oddly enough though everything else works perfectly like it used to (the front menu and the actual turning of pages, etc.)...

So anyone know if this slowdown is because of the longer time it takes to read a microSDHC or is it a problem with ComicBookDS or could my CBDS files be a little corrupt?

Oh yeah, I load it through M3 DS Real Original Firmware and also through FlashcartOS.

That happened to me when I formated my MicroSD to FAT32. A few hombreBrews loads slower on certain places, but it worths the overall size reduction advantages of FAT32.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning...