OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
One of my local thrift stores was having a store-wide 50% off sale yesterday. I picked up a GBA 6 cart holder from Hip Gear in the brick-a-brack section. I also picked up a few books and some other stuff. I was using the back of the plastic clam shell as a shelf to carry the other stuff I wanted to buy. When I got up to the register I just set it all down the way I was carrying it. The guy rang up everything but never flipped over the Hip Gear case to see what price the thrift store had put on it. The thing was priced at 2.99, so I should have got it for 1.50. Instead the guy made up a price and charged me 1.35 and with the 50% discount I only paid .67 for it.

I am going to line the inside of it with a thin bit of cloth, just for some extra protecting from sliding around, and store my vast flash kit collection in this single case.

What drew me to this item was that its basically an oversized Gameboy cart plastic case. It has the same look and feel but measures 5 ½ x 5 x ½ an inch.

I did a few quick Google searches last night and I can not find any information on the item. I’m not sure when it was made or what it retailed for. These are two thing I would like to find out. I’m curious if this was made in the last few years or if this case dates to before the DS Phat.

-Another World

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
only 67c
nice buy
ohmy.gif

FrankensteinTank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I searched all over the internet too. Searched eBay and Amazon and still found nothing. Plenty of Hip Gear accessories, even for the GBA, but nothing like what you found. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
thanks for looking =). there is french and english on the back. the distribution address is ontario canada. this could possibly not be a product released in the world market and maybe thats why its hard to find info on it. i wish the package had a copyright date on it, but that would have just made sense.

-another world

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you could find it by it's SKU number?

Anyways, great find. I never have seen this before and it's quite a convenient case. Hope you enjoy it.
smile.gif

I wish I found something good at my Thrift Stores. ALl I ever see are broken game boy and sports games for PS1. T_T

D

Deleted-236924

Pretty neat.
It'd be hard to carry that in your pocket, though.
That pretty much defeats it's purpose for me.

ss990ss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i finally busted open the package and tried to make use of the case. its really thin plastic and pretty poorly constructed. the plastic flaps don't grab onto the other side so the thing doesn't stay shut that well. i'm not sure i'll use it at this point. i'm thinking of putting some of my favorite gameboy moments (scans, photos, printouts) inside the thing and turning it into an art project.

-another world

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
i finally busted open the package and tried to make use of the case. its really thin plastic and pretty poorly constructed. the plastic flaps don't grab onto the other side so the thing doesn't stay shut that well. i'm not sure i'll use it at this point. i'm thinking of putting some of my favorite gameboy moments (scans, photos, printouts) inside the thing and turning it into an art project.

-another world

Aww. that's sort of disappointing. Well... at least let us see what you make of it.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i guess not...