Gaming High Voltage Software

bytor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just copied and pasted this from another forum...couldn't be arsed to type it all again so please forgive my lazyness
laugh.gif

When High Voltage Software announced that they were developing The Conduit and we got to see an FPS on the Wii with bump and normal mapping, real time reflection and refraction and focus blur all at steady framerates above 30fps I was amazed. Astounded. This graphically blew everything we'd previously seen on the Wii out of the water.

I was expecting them to continue working on their Quantum 3 technology and them to make some sort of announcement on a new game or two with minor improvements on an already impressive engine. But I wasn't expecting this.
biggrin.gif

With The Grinder they're basically bringing us a Left 4 Dead stylee survival horror FPS game with graphics that urinate all over The Conduit! Not only having bump mapping, normall mapping etc as with The Conduit but also having 65+ enemies on screen at once. I really can't wait for this one, it'll have a single player mode, 2 player offline splitscreen co-op mode and the aforementioned 4 player online co-op mode. I think I've died and gone to heaven!!!! They've now released a trailer than can be seen on IGN here.

As well as The Grinder they've also announced Gladiator AD which'll have less on screen action and more (if you can possibly imagine it!!!) high quality eye candy to drool over. Info on Gladiator AD here and a trailer here. In the interview they've described it as a 3D fighter crossed between Bushido Blade and Fight Night so it won't be mindless button mashing and a little strategy and skill will be needed to win fights.
biggrin.gif

No news on a publisher for either game yet but I'd say that EA and Sega would both be scrapping to get their paws on these two games. Can't wait!!!

So now we have 3 goodies to wait for - The Conduit due on 23rd/26th June, Gladiator AD due Q1 2010 and The Grinder due Q4 2010!!!

bytor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yup, out in around 4 weeks. The announcement, screenshots and trailer for The Grinder have kind of put a dampener on it for me though...The Conduit is going to be great but all the time I'm going to be playing the thing I'll be thinking that The Grinder is going to be 10 times better lol.

scousethief

Trophies
XP
Country
Looks good , hopefully the conduit will live up to all expectations, i still think re4 is the best looking wii game todate though.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
bytor said:
Yup, out in around 4 weeks. The announcement, screenshots and trailer for The Grinder have kind of put a dampener on it for me though...The Conduit is going to be great but all the time I'm going to be playing the thing I'll be thinking that The Grinder is going to be 10 times better lol.
Isn`t the Grinder and the Conduit totally different multiplayer-wise? I thought the Grinder is mainly Co-Op and the Conduit is more competitive/conventional... I`m looking forward to both
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.