Gaming Hidden Gems

shadowcopalypse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A list of titles that are gr8 & not known well in the vita sphere. I'm posting because I'd like to know if there's more that are overlooked.

Steamworld Heist [Turn Based 2D Strategy]
Chaos Rings 3 [Rpg]
MotorStorm RC [Remote Control Toy Car Racer]
Xenoraid [Ikaruga-like Shooter, control 4 fighters at once]
Kick and Fennick [Physics Platformer]
Sine Mora [Shmup]
The Unfinished Swan [World Discovery Through Paint]
Monsterbag [Point & Click Adventure]
PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate [Digging, Environmental Challenges, hard to explain, really fun tough]
Broken Age [Point & Click Adventure]

l8r

Last edited by shadowcopalypse,

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
isn't fez from a developer who went crazy? he cancelled part 2 after some tirade iirc. lol good game though.

He is not crazy - just a bit too opinionated. His last game was Superhypercube, the game was made for Oculus Rift - when he found out that the Oculus founder was a Trump supporter, he cancelled the game and ported it to PSVR instead. It's actually a really cool VR game, it has to be experienced to appreciate it. A real PSVR hidden gem, very under-rated. It's just sad that the dev has to bring politics into games.

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A list of titles that are gr8 & not known well in the vita sphere. I'm posting because I'd like to know if there's more that are overlooked.

Steamworld Heist [Turn Based 2D Strategy]

If you like Heist, try Steamworld Dig 2 as well - it's made by the same people. It's a REALLY GOOD game. I actually like it more than Heist, and it runs in 60fps as well.

Reactions: shadowcopalypse

shadowcopalypse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bit.Trip Presents…Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien
velocity 2X
Ultratron
FEZ

All 60fps games.

isn't fez from a developer who went crazy? he cancelled part 2 after some tirade iirc. lol good game though.

i wouldn't say fez is a hidden gem, that's like saying duke nukem 3d or risk of rain is a hidden gem

I bought Fez & played to near completion, it is impossible to do without a walk-through as there are puzzles that require binary code, accurate times of the year, qr code scanners, word puzzles (The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog)...etc. Truly unique still.

CactusMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I realy liked Oreshika: tainted Bloodlines.
It was a nice RPG with very interesting party mechanics. If I remember right it was a sequal to a obscure Japanese PSX game. In the west it was only released on PSN with very little marketing.

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dungeon Travelers 2 is deceiving. It looks like a writeoff game but it's gameplay makes it a must have for fans of Dungeon Crawlers.

TornMD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He is not crazy - just a bit too opinionated. His last game was Superhypercube, the game was made for Oculus Rift - when he found out that the Oculus founder was a Trump supporter, he cancelled the game and ported it to PSVR instead. It's actually a really cool VR game, it has to be experienced to appreciate it. A real PSVR hidden gem, very under-rated. It's just sad that the dev has to bring politics into games.
Wow, that's a downright childish thing to do. I mean, before deciding to play or buy a game do you look to see whether you can find out whether the developers are Democrat or Republican first? Probably not, but I can see this guy doing it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: BORN 2 GAME FORCED 2 PAY