OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

HID to VPAD v0.9k
Use HID-devices on your WiiU.

What is HID to VPAD?

HID to VPAD is a WiiU homebrew application. It allows you to use HID controllers on your WiiU which will emulate the
the gamepad or a pro controller.

Features

• Native support for common USB-HID devices like the DS3,DS4 and the GC-Adapter.
  • Emulating the WiiU Gamepad and up to 4 WiiU Pro controllers simultaneously.
  • Support for XInput controllers (e.g XBox 360 and Xbox One) or Bluetooth HID-Devices (e.g. Switch Pro Controller) over the network.
  • Support for other controllers can be added by providing a valid configuration file.
  • Remapping of your WiiU Gamepad button layout.

Screenshot

Usage

"HID to VPAD" is built to loaded through the homebrew launcher, which can be
either loaded through the browser exploit or haxchi.

Note:
You need to start this Application every time you reboot your console.
When you want to re-enter the settings, start the Mii Maker (not haxchi!).
It's not possible to start another homebrew application after running hid to vpad.

"Installation":
  • Download the zip from github and extract the wiiu folder on your sd card.
OR
  • Download HID to VPAD from the Homebrew AppStore
  • (optional) download controller configurations and put them on the SD Card (sd:/wiiu/controller) to support more controllers.
How to start it:
  • Start the homebrew launcher using your prefered method (e.g. haxchi or browser exploit).
  • Start HID to VPAD
  • Attach the controller you want to use (You can attach/detach it at any time)
  • Select a controller you want to emulate on the game (there is a menu on the left hand side)
  • Press A and a window should pop up
  • Press any button on the connected Controller. The windows should close
  • If the window is NOT closing after you pressed a button on the connected controller, it's probably not supported. Make sure you have a valid configuration on your sd card.
  • When the controller is assigned successfully you'll see an image of the controller on the Gamepad. Press any buttons to check if the inputs are working properly
  • Assign as many controllers as you want. If you're done, press PLUS to apply the patches
  • The WiiU should now load the system menu
  • PROFIT!
  • If you are in a game and a controller emulated as the pro controller is not working, press TV on the WiiU Gamepad.

Supported devices

HID to VPAD has native support for common HID-Devices when they are connected via USB.
  • [Mapping] Mouse (experimental)
  • [Mapping] Keyboard
  • [Mapping] GameCube via the official GameCube-Controller-Adapter for the WiiU.
  • [Mapping] Switch Pro Controller via USB.
  • [Mapping] Dualshock 3 (via USB)
  • [Mapping] Dualshock 4 (via USB and only the old model, for the new one you'll need the network client)
Native support when connected via the Network Client:
  • [Mapping] XInput (Xbox 360, Xbox One etc.)

Configuration files

Controllers can be configured via config files which need to placed into the following folder:
Code:
sd:/wiiu/controller
With the help of these files, support for new Controller can be added, or existing native configurations can be overwritten.
The controller patcher wiki, provides information about creating own files. If you have any questions, feel free to ask in this topic.
Configuration files will be collected in this repository. If you have created a file for a new controller, please share it so anybody can use it!

Button remapping

To remap the buttons of your WiiU Gamepad, a configuration file is needed.
More information about creating these config, can be found here.

Translations

HID to VPAD is available in the following languages:
- English (default)
- German (by @Maschell)
- Spanish (by @victormr21)
- Italian (by @pazzoeo)
- Brazilian Portuguese (by @AlanLC)

The Github releases already have the files incuded, but in case some language is missing you can download them here: https://github.com/Maschell/hid_to_vpad/tree/master/languages

Place them into:
Code:
sd:/wiiu/apps/hidtovpad/languages

The file extension has to be .lang.

Settings

The settings file will be saved on the SD Card under:
Code:
sd:/wiiu/apps/hidtovpad/hidtovpad.cfg

Download

Stable: Download
Nightlies: Download
Source: Here
Load the file with the homebrew launcher.

Credits

A big thanks goes out to @dimok for creating the HBL, the dynamic libs and every stuff he made. The "environment" of this app is copied from ddd, turned out to be a "hello world" with useful extra stuff.
Also huge thanks to @FIX94 who initally created his gc-to-vpad. Helped me a lot! Thanks!
And of course big thanks to everyone who has helped me testing!

Last edited by Maschell,

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow just tried this with my PS3 controller and i have to say this is bad ass works perfectly. the home button does not work but everything else does is there any chance this will get integrated into loadiine in the future?

Maschell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It could be great to use the same configurations files than Nintendont https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/tree/master/controllerconfigs . It will probably save you a lot of time.
I have something similar in my sources, I just need to need something that will read the config files and create the data for me (https://github.com/Maschell/controller_patcher/blob/master/controller_patcher.c#L52). I also have plans for button remapping etc. but this is acutally a lot of work and testing. In the last couple of days I've rewritten this whole stuff like 3 times :D. Actually adding a new controller is quite fast now.

This version is not working with loadiine, but I just have to include the controller_patcher into loadiine. I released this version ealier because it reaches more people. After some more cleanup/testing I will commit it to my experimental branch and hopefully (and finally) to the main branch.

@worm28 Thanks! The home buttons requires some more work, I need to check it. Also the sticks are broken in New Super Mario Bros. U and I don't know why :D

andriy921

Trophies
XP
Country
don't quote me on this but I'm guessing that due to the fact it uses memory mapping you are going to need a firmware with a Kernel Exploit., which rules out 5.5.0 and above....
That's understandable. But HBL works on 4.0.0 -5.4.0 (with 3.x.x possibly coming out soon), but this project uses 4.1+ mapping, so < 4.1 would probably be broken.

Antonio Ricardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Mouse will work like a touchscreen with AIM?
Man, if somebody test on Splatoon. Star Fox Guard still need Gamepad, reflecting a second screen will be a very difficult job.
Im afraid one day my gamepad stopped working, maybe in the future we can use Settings without need Gamepad.

Last edited by Antonio Ricardo,
Reactions: WiisleyU

BossRoss93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice! I may get in contact with you sometime soon, I want to do a similar thing, but with Classic controllers instead.

I am assuming this is not usable with Loadiine, right?

D

Deleted User

hidtovpadfinal_strip4.png

Made an icon, if you haven't found one already.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: