Hi All, Long Time Lurker, First Time Poster...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by SurlyBurly, Jun 8, 2013.

1. SurlyBurly
    OP

SurlyBurly Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2013
    United States
    Title pretty much says it all...

Been lurking here for quite a while... Read a thread with no responses that I realized I could help with, as I have just been reading up and installing Dios Mios myself...

Here is the link:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/gcreex-and-usb-loader-gx.347123/

I assumed that he is already somewhat familiar with Dios Mios since he can load from SD, so I didnt mention wad managers or linked him to any tutorials... Please if anyone sees something wrong with my help, mention it, I'd hate for my first post and attempt at giving someone advice be WRONG! :unsure:

Decided to try and help the guy out since I have received more help from here than I could ever pay back... WiiHacks and here is where I have got all my softmodding knowledge, and I have yet to have any questions go unanswered with the proper search...

Thanks to everyone that has helped me out, u don't know who you are, and I don't remember all your names...

2. nukeboy95

nukeboy95 Leave luck to heaven.

Aug 24, 2010
    United States
    not sure
    well hello

3. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Hello, welcome and thank you for helping other users :)

Your answer is correct.
    he needs DIOS MIOS (instead of Lite) and latest loader (one compatible with USB)

4. SurlyBurly
    OP

SurlyBurly Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2013
    United States

i now remember one of your names... huh.... funny enough, because u, cyan, decided to post here in my humble little intro thread...

wasnt too long before i posted in that linked thread that i got DM up and running myself... was reading tutorials from here and wiihacks, when i stumbled across a post of yours no more than a few sentences that broke it down to the bare necessities of what to do... install this wad, have newest usbloadergx, files named like this...

my hats off to u... was about to follow a tutorial that looking back on it would have been no less than 5 steps that i didnt need/want... but thought were mandatory because they were in the guide...

its taken me about a year... but i am almost caught up with rest of the wii homebrew community... was years behind, learning the basics, file conversions.... etc... now im only about 6 months behind the group... my next project, which im in no hurry to jump right into is read up on the mega-app that is wiiflow with all its plugins... been using wiiflow for a while on the rare occasion i use sd to load wbfs backups... havent kept up with its progress like i have gx loader though... didnt realize it has been engulfing all the other homebrew apps..

loading all files from one coverflow sounds very appealing... dont know why they went with mplayer-ce over wiimc though?? when i get around to reading up on it, im sure ill find out...

anyway, babbling on now... ill get back to my lurking, its quieter and not as annoying

5. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    You are always welcome to help other users when you know what to do and you are sure it's the correct thing to do.
    I started as a lurker myself, only started posting 2 years after my registering date to help other users.