Hey :) USB LOADER GX PROBLEMS system 4.2U

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by MyNameIsHorrace, Sep 12, 2013.

1. MyNameIsHorrace
    OP

MyNameIsHorrace Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2013
    Canada
    hi,

If someone could help me with this it would be totally amazing. I have had my wii for about 5 years and have had it modded pretty much the whole time and I have never had any problems until today. I turned on Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 3 and then had to go do a couple of things life getting in the way lol. About 10 mintues later I come back and the screen is black, I restart the wii click on USB Loader gx from the home screen and when it gets to Initilize usb it freezes and wont continue to the games. if anybody could tell me what happened or what I can do to fix it that would be great, on a side note when using wbfs manager all the games show up and are still there so Im confused.

2. MyNameIsHorrace
    OP

MyNameIsHorrace Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2013
    Canada
    downloading the new usbloader gx means I have to delete the old usbloader gx apps right? if so how do I do this and then reinstall the new version?

3. MyNameIsHorrace
    OP

MyNameIsHorrace Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2013
    Canada
    there isn't anything on my sd card except for a few games I downloaded from the store before I couldn't use it anymore. everything is on the external Harddrive

4. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    the "real" latest revision can be found here :
    http://www.mediafire.com/folder/t2x95zd9rz3rc/USBLoaderGX
    v3.0 is revision 1180
    latest build is revision 1217 (doesn't have a release number yet).

To install:
    Download version "3.0 All in one package version IOS249" from Google code
    Extract the /apps/ folder to your SD card.

OR

use the USBLoaderGX_Installer_v1.8.exe

To update:
    download the latest build from mediafire shared folder, extract the boot.dol located in the /IOS249/ folder
    copy this file and replace the old boot.dol in your /apps/usbloader_gx/
    launch USBLoaderGX from HBC or from a forwarder (not from the Full channel) : Go to Settings>Credits page to check if you have the correct revision.

SmokeyTheDog likes this.
  5. MyNameIsHorrace
    OP

MyNameIsHorrace Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2013
    Canada
    We don't use an SD card for our MOD, we use an external hard drive. What are we supposed to do with the USB loader GX installer? We tried replacing the boot.dol but no luck, nothing happened or changed.

6. MyNameIsHorrace
    OP

MyNameIsHorrace Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2013
    Canada
    ok so through the sd card what are we looking to do? and my MOD I mean a Modded system

7. MyNameIsHorrace
    OP

MyNameIsHorrace Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2013
    Canada
    Also for everyone trying to help us, you must understand we had someone else do this for us. We do know some stuff, but we are kind of laymens when it comes to this.

8. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    You CAN use USB, SD card is not required.

You need the USB in FAT32
    put usbloaderGX in this folder on your USB :
    /apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol

Then, when you are in the homebrew channel, press 1 (or 2, I never remember) to select "USB" instead of "SD Card" as homebrew source.
    It will display the homebrew located in your usb:/apps/ folder

As for your issue, I don't know why it crashed/froze while you were playing.

Maybe the config file is corrupted, try to delete the file named "GXGlobal.cfg".
    That file contains the HDD settings, and all the loader's setting (you will have to re-setup your loader's preferences). If you don't want to loose everything, make a copy of the file before deleting it.
    The file is located either in /config/ folder, or in /apps/usbloader_gx/ folder.

SmokeyTheDog likes this.
  9. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    use /apps/ with lower cases, it's better if some homebrew use hardcoded path with lower case letters to locate other homebrews.

SmokeyTheDog likes this.
  10. MyNameIsHorrace
    OP

MyNameIsHorrace Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2013
    Canada
    all apps and everything are setup ok, as far as I can tell. Everything is showing up ok on my SD card and my USB. I tried to do what you suggested with the Homebrew channel but it's still doing the same thing. I go to the loader for the games and it just freezes and the light on my drive flashes. When I plug it into my pc everything is showing up ok. Wii MC and everything else seems to be working ok. It's just the GX loader. I have to admit I'm kind of lost and getting a little frustrated with myself that I can't fix this because I have a lot of experience with fixing and updating my computer myself. I recently did a upgrade to windows 7 from xp and that was a little challenging in itself. I learned a lot though about my pc and how to do different things. Thanks for everyone's help so far. I just hope I can fix it without having to do a full re-do of everything.

11. MyNameIsHorrace
    OP

MyNameIsHorrace Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2013
    Canada

12. MyNameIsHorrace
    OP

MyNameIsHorrace Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2013
    Canada
    apparently it is FAT already. I'm getting so confused :S

13. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    did you try deleting the config file like I suggested?
    maybe the config is corrupted.