Hacking Hey Guys, update question.

Bedant

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I got a ps4 slim and....... forgot about it, therefore it's still at 5.01 now do I update? As far as I can tell I shouldn't but looking over posts I don't think anything solids gonna come for some time now.

MostlyUnharmful

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
IMO, don't expect releases form qwertyoruiop in the short term (my guess is 8~11 months after vulnerability patched, my speculation as I don't have contact with him or other scene actors). Having said that, independent third parties could be already be sitting on a exploit, so who knows.

Short answer: it's your choice.

Reactions: Bedant and KiiWii

gaga941021

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I left my PS4 gathering dust for 2 years in the hopes it would be hackable.

The wait paid off: and I updated from 3.50 to 4.05 then 4.55 as the scene progressed.

"Good things come to those who wait"
This mentality seems stupid to me, IMO.

You buy something and you are not using it for 2 years. So you started playing PS4 games in like March?

And you are still limited in terms of games you can play.

My point is: Games cost a few $ after a few months of their release. If you are that cheap, I pity you.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom

You buy something and you are not using it for 2 years. So you started playing PS4 games in like March?

My point is: Games cost a few $ after a few months of their release. If you are that cheap, I pity you.

Yeah it was a pity playing xbox one, switch, wii u, vita and N3DS xl during that period: all of which I own.

Plus on 4.55 there are plenty of titles I havent played yet... so its all good.

Thanks for the input.

Last edited by KiiWii,
Reactions: Bedant

darkfuturez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I bought a Pro with the full intention of hacking it. I probably waited 6 months for the 4.55 hen to come out. I was bummed when I opened it to see my unit was on 4.55 and all the hacks were for 4.05.

Luckily, I managed to hold off and now I’m all set.

gaga941021

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Yeah it was a pity playing xbox one, switch, wii u, vita and N3DS xl during that period: all of which I own.

Plus on 4.55 there are plenty of titles I havent played yet... so its all good.

Thanks for the input.

I wasn't talking about other game systems. I was talking about Playstation 4 games.

I can understand why people do this, but it SEEMS so silly to me.

Buy a console, when you know it's hacked (if you buy it for piracy only)
Your PS4's warranty was long gone by the 4.05 hack.

Thanks for the input.

Reactions: KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wasn't talking about other game systems. I was talking about Playstation 4 games.

Thanks for the input.

Thanks for the input.

Reactions: buda81

Bedant

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Maybe not for the next months. It could be 6 months or a year later. :)
it isnt like i cant wait to be frank i bought the ps4 only for exclusives like god of war 4 and 3 remastered.....and i have a pc to game on so i can afford to let it gather dust, with the fact that my exams are up time will fly by in no time.

Reactions: spotanjo3

Angelita Perez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if the exploit is release by tomorrow, I don't think we will be able to play God of war 4 in 3 weeks!
I am also here thinking about that and ready to cave in :(

D

Deleted-355425

Thanks for the input.

We are not all youngen's here, we work full time and can afford more then one console and being an adult doesnt always leave you much free time so having a PS4 sat doing nothing is a regular occurrence lol.

gaga941021

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
We are not all youngen's here, we work full time and can afford more then one console and being an adult doesnt always leave you much free time so having a PS4 sat doing nothing is a regular occurrence lol.
I also have a New 2DS XL, a Nintendo Switch and a gaming laptop and I still don't see how some people buy things just to collect dust.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I did exactly the same, I bought the white Destiny pack PS4 on day of release, played Destiny for a while, grew really bored with it. Was really very underwhelmed with the whole PS4 so threw it back in the box and stuck it in the loft. Was on 2.xx. It only came out again when the 4.05 exploit was released. Now updated to 4.55 and have an absolute shitload of games to try out. Personally I don’t give two fucks about playing the latest version of FIFA or whatever so games from the last few years will be just fine for me.

I also am an adult who works and has kids so we actually have just about every other gaming system from forever and a £3000 gaming pc so I’m not stuck for games if I really wanna play something :)

And yes the old retro systems from the 90’s and 00’s had much better games than the ones from today imho.

Last edited by nikeymikey,
Reactions: KiiWii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo