GBATemp Fails.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Stop using my installer, and go out and fucking code your own. That was my first damn try with C and it sucks, and its been around for almost a year now. CODE YOUR OWN FREAKING BETTER ONE and STOP STEALING MINE.

blink.gif

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did I miss something here? Is this directed to da_letter_a? (I would geuss) What installer did this come from? Was it open source?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
icefireicefire said:
Stop using my installer, and go out and fucking code your own. That was my first damn try with C and it sucks, and its been around for almost a year now. CODE YOUR OWN FREAKING BETTER ONE and STOP STEALING MINE.

blink.gif
why not just a straight up PM?

why you gotta blast em on the boards?

thats fucked man, total disrespect.

and he gives you credit, so he's not stealing it.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
icefireicefire said:

blink.gif
why not just a straight up PM?

why you gotta blast em on the boards?

thats fucked man, total disrespect.

I have to agree there. That is a cheeseball move.

icefireicefire

GBATemp Fails.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
because I have no idea who this random guy is that takes my installer for some random purpose almost a year later.

its not very good and I don't want blame for any bricks it causes, so he needs to make his own

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icefireicefire said:
because I have no idea who this random guy is that takes my installer for some random purpose almost a year later.

its not very good and I don't want blame for any bricks it causes, so he needs to make his own

Well, it has always been pretty much "use at your own risk". Regardless, if someone bricks, blame would most definitely fall on him. I have to be honest, I was not even aware that your code was driving the installer.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
icefireicefire said:

true, but cioscorp 3.x has been around for months, why start complaining now?
he puts clear warning its their own fault if they brick, so no one is going to blame you.
if anything, we thank you for you installer it works great.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
was it realeased under gpl? im not saying that i like cioscorp. in fact, ive never used it, but once you release something under gpl, you cant take it back.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
1. I gave you full credit for the installer, so it's technically not classed as stealing. Go read the cIOSCORP v3.x readme, the "Credits" section. I've even given credits to you in the installer itself. You'll see in the banner, after the "cIOSCORP v3.4 installer" text, in brackets the text "Original installer by icefireicefire".
2. So far, it hasn't caused any bricks, and if it did, it wouldn't be your fault. Everyone would just blame me, as it's my cIOSCORP that's its installing. If anybody blames you, just direct them to me. But then again, any modification comes with absolutely no warranty, so if someone bricks their wii, the only person they have to blame is themself.
3. Surely, if someone else is using your product, and giving you credit, it must be good, and doing it's job properly.

Thanks for making the installer, icefireicefire. It does its job just fine.

Tux'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with da_letter_A. This was a bit of a dick move icefireicefireicefire. He gives you full credit for the installer. He gave you in the install itself AND the readme. And was it open source?

icefireicefire

GBATemp Fails.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
da_letter_a said:
1. I gave you full credit for the installer, so it's technically not classed as stealing. Go read the cIOSCORP v3.x readme, the "Credits" section. I've even given credits to you in the installer itself. You'll see in the banner, after the "cIOSCORP v3.4 installer" text, in brackets the text "Original installer by icefireicefire".
2. So far, it hasn't caused any bricks, and if it did, it wouldn't be your fault. Everyone would just blame me, as it's my cIOSCORP that's its installing. If anybody blames you, just direct them to me. But then again, any modification comes with absolutely no warranty, so if someone bricks their wii, the only person they have to blame is themself.
3. Surely, if someone else is using your product, and giving you credit, it must be good, and doing it's job properly.

1. its not legal to do that, and worse with credits, as it proves you know that.
2. I've gotten blamed for stuff less likely than this before. Also, the code fails.
3. no, it just must be the easiest solution for someone lazy.

Also, its not open source, and GPL you *can* revoke (just not on older versions).

nknave

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Why does it feel like Marcan took posesion of icrefireicefire user name or even worst......... icefire's brain
ph34r.gif

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Right now my mind is just going Cable Car. And cIOScorp isn't legal anyway so holding it to legal standards in the first place is completely ironic.

She's on your mind. She's on your mind. Let's rearrange. I wish you were a stranger I could disengage.

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
icefireicefire said:
[...] and GPL you *can* revoke (just not on older versions).
Not unless someone broke the terms of the GPL with regards to that particular released product. You can relicense stuff under another license, but you can't unlicense a work released under the GPL; if so, the GPL would be quite impotent.

Dteyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
icefireicefire said:
da_letter_a said:

1. its not legal to do that, and worse with credits, as it proves you know that.
2. I've gotten blamed for stuff less likely than this before. Also, the code fails.
3. no, it just must be the easiest solution for someone lazy.

Also, its not open source, and GPL you *can* revoke (just not on older versions).

HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKS
Rule 11

transam81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yeah, lets try to get passed this. i'm quite knew to gbatemp.net, but i have found ppl here to be very knowledgeable. i am sure you are all better then this. we are all here to help and be helped. it's the system that fails us, we can't be mad at each other.

DKAngel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well unless he asked for permission to use it its stealing, also as icefire said the code fails

im with ice on this one, someone stole his code pretty much, wiether or not credit is given he was not allowed to use it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER