Homebrew Hex Editing Pokemon Rumble

Rick Astley

The real one !
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi !
Sorry to ask this, but to be honnest, i'm completly lost. I'm a Shiny Hunter and I LOVE to edit things (random things for exemple making every game in a 1/256 Shiny Rate, done actually except for 6G ofc), and I love spending my time by playing Pokémon Rumble.

So I wanted to do a 1/256 (or more because of the HUGE number of Pokemon spawing) but a little thing with this wad (i'm really frustrated to spend 5h and find a Shiny that I already have two times T_T, but i didn't find the way to edit wild pokemon)

I know that you can change EASILY the shiny rate on every DS game with hex editing one adress (always 0xXXXXX0) from "08 28" to "FF 28"

So I thought it would be SO SIMPLE by hex editing the wad and changing some 08 28 (at every 0xXXXXX0) into FF 28.

Found 18 adress. 11 are working. But with my bad luck didn't find any Shiny or anything to prove that the hack was working.

So now, I would like to know if there is a faster way to edit the adress because editing some of them crashes the game, or if anybody know how to edit this.

Thanks !

Rick Astley

The real one !
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bump !

I'm looking for ANY information about save editing Pokémon Rumble first.
It's horrible to find informations for Pokémon Ranch and nothing for this game.

Thanks

eman_not_ava

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay so apparently in this game the shiny odds change depending on the amount of players, playing with all 4 players instead of 1 will change the odds from 1/8192 to 1/2048, depending on how exactly they coded that in, it might have to do with why you can't find that exact value in this game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...