Heroes

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by mr_blonde_88, Jan 8, 2007.

Jan 8, 2007

Heroes by mr_blonde_88 at 6:25 PM (1,500 Views / 0 Likes) 18 replies

1. mr_blonde_88
    OP

Member mr_blonde_88 Torture You? That's A Good Idea. I Like That

United Kingdom
    Has anyone watched it?

I heard about it so torrented it and have to say it goes up their with the likes of LOST and ALIAS

Heroes has something about it, alot like LOST, that suspence, giving you info, but not too much, leaving you wanting more

And tho its basically about Superpowers, it's not like some live action X-Men cartoon where each week they save different ppl etc, its how it effects their once normal lives

If you havent seen it, check it out

American's, series 2 is airing 22nd of Jan i think, on NBC, don't quote me tho

And fellow english men (and women), Sci-Fi channel have got the show (unfortunatly) so if you have it, check it out
    It starts early febuary i believe

Heroes IMDB

Heroes NBC Homepage

If you've watched it, wat do you think?

2. yatzr

Member yatzr GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've watched it and it's probably the best primetime show my wife and I have ever seen. IMO it's better than Lost ever was. NBC has every episode so far streaming on their site for anyone else interested (may need a US ip?). I would be very surprised if somebody watched it and did not become interested.
    http://www.nbc.com/Video/rewind/full_episodes/heroes.shtml

3. ydnar64

Newcomer ydnar64 Advanced Member

United States
    This is only the best show in the world!.... it does re-air on the 22nd on january, and it will air every monday until the season is over. That's at least for america, not sure about rest of the world. when i first watch it the first things that came to mind was "X-Men", "Soap opera", and "WOW!!!!!"... My favorite charater is clair, the self regenerating cheer leader. What an awsome power! [​IMG]

4. Jax

Member Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Portugal
    That show is made of win! [​IMG]

Can't wait for the second season!

Is Peter really dead? [​IMG]

5. mr_blonde_88
    OP

United Kingdom
    I dunno if its better than Lost, but it could shape up to be better
    As long as it doesn't get silly

And i love it how everyones linking (like Lost i suppose)
    i love it all

sucks its only 11 eps per season

6. ydnar64

United States
    Jax- (this is for you)
    Peter isn't dead, he's had a premonition. If you remember after he blew him self up in his premonition he snapped out of it and was caughing blood and stuff and was freaking becuase he saw that he was the bomb.

This show should never have seasons, they should make it a year round show. this month and a half without it i have gone crazy.

7. mr_blonde_88
    OP

United Kingdom

Tell me about it, and its only been a week since i saw the last episode!!

Did annoy me with Peter tho, i pretty much guessed after he was in hospital and his bro said they both flew that his powers were to absorb others

And i love Hiro, he is awesome

8. ydnar64

United States

9. mr_blonde_88
    OP

United Kingdom
    I know, does seem rather pointless

funny how she married a dude with superpowers & had a superpowerd kid tho

10. yatzr

Member yatzr GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I (along with many friends) was a diehard lost fan for the first two seasons. About halfway through the second season, it became very evident that the writers didn't think more than one or two shows in advance and a lot of questions from the first season will never be answered. I still watch it on tv, but only out of obligation. Heroes, on the other hand, actually give answers before we forget what the question is.

Also, I'm pretty sure the new episodes are still part of the first season. Every big show takes a break during the holidays. I suppose it could be because they expect people will be out of their routines with travelling and all.

11. - Wrath of God -

Member - Wrath of God - God

United States
    My friend did. Don't know how, or why, but he didn't get into it.

12. mr_blonde_88
    OP

United Kingdom
    I dunno, i dont think ive been watchin it as intently as most other people
    but i still wanna know what that crazy mist shit is
    and im glad they answerd the Polar Bear shizzle

and on IMDB it says series 1 is 11 episodes and episode 11 is the kinda episode ud find as a last episode of the season type thing

13. ydnar64

United States
    I agree it was more likley as a holiday break. Most seasons ending with the main object of the story resolved with only things about characters or other possibles left open to continue a show into another season. Heroes ended with only more questions and really no answers, so they really didn't end the season. Most shows are created in a manner where they only have one season. That way if the show falls flat on it's face not many people ask questions and the show is over. The second season of a show is always going to be the worse becuase now the writers have to come up with a new concept to the story since they ended there origional plot. A more proper ending of a season would have involved with them intervening with the bomb in NYC. You can relate this therory to all new shows, Lost being a great example. however, (here's my contradicition) 11 episodes however small it maybe can easily count for a season. on average most shows have 14 to 18 episodes. But it's obvious that there are going to probably be more then 5 more heroes until next fall. or at least we can hope for that [​IMG]

14. enarky

Member enarky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

You're damn right for the first part, but for the second I tend to disagree with you.

What you say about Lost is the standard clusterfuck problem any long-running series has. Writers have to come up week after week, month after month, year after year with fresh new stories... unless they thoroughly plan where the series is going to this *will* happen to Heroes, too, I'm afraid.

I mean, I also *love* Heroes, but why can't they fucking end a good idea once the original background story is finished and why can't they finish it whithin a reasonable amount of time? TV Studios tend to cling on the crap they produce, best example is Lost or any of the Enterprise spin-offs. They're all seriously to long. I'd feel much better if they make the few good ideas they have into a very long movie over 24 episodes, than a never ending story with a longwinding, boring plot that makes you want cry because they manage to fuck it up completely with stupid new ideas that should keep viewers attached every once in a while.

For a good example how it *should* be done these people should have a look at japanese anime, like Trigun, Cowboy Beebop, Samurai Champloo or X-TV, for example. After 24 Episodes they are *finished*, with nothing more to come.

[/end rant]

15. mr_blonde_88
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thing with Lost, it was only ment to be 2 series long, but becuase of its sucess, the big cheeses asked for more, so its 5 episodes and possibly a move :S

They shoulda trusted J.J Abrams. I think he ended Alias at the right time, 5 series may seem likes, but each one was as good as the last (cant comment on 5, currently watching it)
    Same with 24, on its 6th Season now but its still goin strong

Its series like Buffy that are bad examples, they shoulda ended that WAY earlyer, but instead they dragged it out and it got shit
    Luckily Josh Weddon learnd and ended Angel b4 that could (completely) happen

But in Heroes, after the 'bomb' explodes, if they make a second series, its just gunna be an X-men type series, not wat this Heroes is like

16. mr_blonde_88
    OP

United Kingdom
    Shiz, double post, my bad

17. Qpido

Member Qpido Call me Q.

Netherlands
    I really enjoy watching Heroes, but I think I like Lost more.
    I hope they don't milk out Heroes like they did with Prison Break...

And I liked Alias, until the last season. I had to really put effort into dragging myself to the pc to go watch it.
    But I had to, cuz I know I was so close to the end.

Q~

18. kawlex

Newcomer kawlex Member

Germany
    Heroes is the best newcoming series. And one of my favorite series ever.
    I have never thought that any series could be as good as 24 [​IMG]
    But Heroes really kicks Ass

I'm looking forward to end of the Holiday break..

19. Foie

Member Foie That one guy

United States
    I just watched the first episode and the first two parts of episode two. That show is rather intriguing. It's very good.