Hacking Hermes cios + Rockband 2 Dlc

piola

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, i have a litle problem with rock band dlc in my wii.

Right now, i am using the configurable usb loader with hermes cios 222 v5. I usually ,to play music games, i use hermes cios 223 v5 (only this cios can detect my guitar by the way). The problem is that cios (hermes 223) cant manage the dlc in my sd card.

Someone can tell me the correct configuration to use my dlc and my guitar at the same time?

Thanks.

QUOTE said:
Ps:

My system is:

Wii with boot2

Configurable usb loader (last version)

Hermes Cios:
IOS202 with IOS60 base
IOS222 with IOS38 base
IOS223 with IOS37 base
IOS224 with IOS57 base

And Waninkoko's cios rev 17

Reactions: Bill Ingham

John_Ice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install

IOS202 with IOS60 base version 4
IOS222 with IOS38 base version 4
IOS224 with IOS57 base version 4

And the trick is

IOS223 with IOS37 base version 5

That's it....

Edit : IOS224 with IOS57 base version 4 (optionnel)

piola

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi John_Ice, thanks for your aswer.

I can't understand one thing, my hermes cios v4 installer dont have the option to merge ios 224 with ios57.....

And another thing, which cios i use to load the game?

Thanks!

OlivierTheBest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
He said to install hermes V4 on CIOS 202,222 and 224 and HERMES V5 on 223

But I wonder if really Hermes V4 supports 224 !

In the past I used to have this configuration for USB LOADER GX and GUITAR HERO so check if it works too :

-1-HERMES V5 Installation :
ios202 -> Use ios 60
ios223 -> Use ios 37
ios224 -> As you want (not really required)...

-2-HERMES V4 Installation
ios222 only -> Use ios 38 merged 37

-3- The USB LOADER can be started with the following global setting :
FAT & CIOS 222 (so we have FAT working thanks to HERMES V4 compatibility with USB
LOADER GX).
Check also to Launch the USB LOADER with 249

-4-GUITARE HERO 5 START SETTING :
CIOS 223
So we keep HERMES V5 function that allows to save imported musics to SD card while

We also keep the possibility to use CIOS 249 and have access to a WBFS partition.

Regards

Olivier

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
John_Ice said:
Install

IOS202 with IOS60 base version 4
IOS222 with IOS38 base version 4
IOS224 with IOS57 base version 4

And the trick is

IOS223 with IOS37 base version 5

That's it....
Wow...

Seriously, kid. Stop giving advice. You plain suck at it.

1) version 4 of Hermes's cIOS comes in merges. You're not mentioning anything of it.
2) version 4 doesn't have a cIOS224 (even less an IOS...which is probably all the same to you).
3) games use only one IOS or cIOS to run. Installing just a whole bundle of cIOS'es isn't going to work...only the one you tell the game to use matters
4) you're telling him to use the exact same cIOS he already uses.

Unfortunately...I'm not sure of the correct answer myself. I know both Hermes's cIOS 223 v5 (base IOS 37) and rev 19 of Waninkoko's cIOS (also with a base IOS of 37) can play rock band's DLC. Unfortunately, USB loader CFG set to play music games using Hermes's cIOS doesn't quite work*. You'll need to use uloader to get the game (and the DLC) working properly.

If you insist on using CFG, I recommend using Waninkoko's rev19 to run the game. I have only played DLC from rawksd with that combo, but it works fine. I guess (but can't guarantee) that it also plays the actually downloaded DLC.

*only tried rock band 2, guitar hero world tour & guitar hero 5...but I guess it's the same thing for rock band I

piola

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well thanks for all the help.

I was really confused with the answer off John_ice.... Cios224 V4?!

Well anyway

Wever, if you do not mind, can you tell me what base IOS you use in rev 19 to play correctly rockband 2 with dlc?

Thanks Wever!

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Also 37 (as mentioned in previous post
smile.gif
). That base number is what makes music games play, and the more recent versions (v5 for Hermes's cIOS, rev 18 and 19 for Waninkoko's revision) allow for DLC.

John_Ice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excuse me for that,

Forget IOS224 but do the rest I said... It's what I use for Rock Band II and It's works like a charm and no problem with DLC memory full after that...

@ Weaver = Thank you for the kid, I take it for a compliment... lol...

piola

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, with waninkoko's rev 19 (with 37 based...i am sorry wever bud i didnt saw your tip) i can play dlc with my guitar! thanks very much for your help wever. And thanks to John_ice to for trying to help me
wink2.gif

I am very grateful!
wink.gif

Ps: Admin you can close this topic now

thefunkygibbon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm struggling to get this working on mine

i've tried running the game with cios 249 rev 19 (merged with ios 37) and hermes 222, 223 (merged with ios 37) & 224.

I've a PAL wii but i've tried installing the NTSC shopping channel as per a guide i followed.

if i go to the music store i see that it thinks i have the tracks downloaded already but i cannot see any of the tracks when I start quick play. also if i try to download any of the tracks it tells me i dont have enough wii memory to do so.

also i'm running via cfg or gx as my games are all on fat32 as wbfs files.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well...I can't smell what guide you've followed, so I can't comment why things don't work out. I guess it also included the installation of Hairyballsagna's crack (which indeed sets all songs as "purchased"). However, that doesn't mean that your wii has all the memory to download all those songs (let alone that simply installing that crack would auto-install all the songs). So in the end, my guess is that you simply don't have any DLC installed, and don't have enough free space on your wii's hard drive to actually install some songs.
smile.gif

thefunkygibbon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wever said:
Well...I can't smell what guide you've followed, so I can't comment why things don't work out. I guess it also included the installation of Hairyballsagna's crack (which indeed sets all songs as "purchased"). However, that doesn't mean that your wii has all the memory to download all those songs (let alone that simply installing that crack would auto-install all the songs). So in the end, my guess is that you simply don't have any DLC installed, and don't have enough free space on your wii's hard drive to actually install some songs.
smile.gif

yes i installed that, but i also downloaded all the songs/decrypted them and used rockband dlc manager app to copy them to the SD card. no i wont have enough memory in the wii to install them to memory, but it was my understanding that it ran them from the card directly. seems a bit silly to assume people would have loads of space on their internal memory to run the DLC seeings as each one is around 20-30mb.

in the market place it actually says "downloaded".. for the tracks that are on the card.. (purchased for the others) so it must 'SEE' the tracks on the card.

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Try downloading a song from the store (since all of them are "bought") but using another SD card. Maybe the problem wasn't with the Wii, but with the songs you got through your PC.

Bill Ingham

Trophies
Website
inghaminstallations.services.officelive.com
XP
Country
United States
I
He said to install hermes V4 on CIOS 202,222 and 224 and HERMES V5 on 223

But I wonder if really Hermes V4 supports 224 !

In the past I used to have this configuration for USB LOADER GX and GUITAR HERO so check if it works too :

-1-HERMES V5 Installation :
ios202 -> Use ios 60
ios223 -> Use ios 37
ios224 -> As you want (not really required)...

-2-HERMES V4 Installation
ios222 only -> Use ios 38 merged 37

-3- The USB LOADER can be started with the following global setting :
FAT & CIOS 222 (so we have FAT working thanks to HERMES V4 compatibility with USB
LOADER GX).
Check also to Launch the USB LOADER with 249

-4-GUITARE HERO 5 START SETTING :
CIOS 223
So we keep HERMES V5 function that allows to save imported musics to SD card while

We also keep the possibility to use CIOS 249 and have access to a WBFS partition.

Regards

Olivier

I hate when people try to close threads.

I'm gonna try this Oliver, and I wanted to point out the younger guys just learning how to delete youre version 4 with AnyTitleDeler from wiibrew before installing the version 5.

also I used version 4 of 223 merged with 37. the version 5 of 224 merged with 57.

Run CFG Loader load 222-mversion.

Rock Band 2 works, and it recognizes the microphone on USB port 1.

DISCLAIMER!!!: IT MUST BE GUITAR HERO MICROPHONE!!!

RUNNING Rock hero on 249 works with any Neogamma R4 works as well.

Install vDX2 10,1 base 56 on ISO249 and DX2 ver 10.1 Base 57 on 250.

Hell Yeah Rock ON!!! Plug that hub into back port 1 for dual mike support as well!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them