Hacking (HENkaku) Homebrew Request Thread

Venom Intellect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a Request Thread feel free to post your Requests in the comment's and maybe a dev will take your idea and make it happen.
(General Guidelines) (BELOW)

(Don't post ridiculous suggestions)
(Understand the limitations of the device)
(STAY ON TOPIC)
(Don't always expect me to reply as i have a life and other things to manage.)

For example, a good request might be:
Can you please port (BLANK) to the Vita?
Here is a bad request:
Can somebody make a PS2 emulator for the Vita?

(Consider that your request is more likely to be fulfilled if an open source project already exists for a similar architecture (i.e. don't ask for Cemu or SSF), and is feasible to be ported (i.e. don't ask for Dolphin (GameCube). Your request is less likely to be fulfilled if it has to be coded from scratch and is completely from the leftfield with little regard for the target hardware.)

(ABOVE TEXT CREDIT: ^ [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][B]@sj33[/B][/COLOR])

(STATUS INDICATORS)

(1) = PENDING
(2) = IN DEVELOPMENT/CONFIRMED
(3) = RELEASED

(REQUEST LIST)

1. HOMEBREW STORE FOR THE VITA (2)
2. SUBSONIC MUSIC STREAMER (1) (Source Code)
3. Nintendo 64 Emulator (2) (Mupen 64 Vita Port W.I.P)
4. C64 EMULATOR (1) (Source Code)

5. M.A.M.E. EMULATOR (1) (Source Code)
6. Atari 800,800XL,130XE and 5200 EMULATORS (1) (Source Code)
7. Amiga Emulator (1) (Source Code)
8. Vectrex (1)
9.Quake 2 Port For The Vita (1) (Q2 Git)
10. Quake 3 Port For The Vita (1) (IOQ3) (Q3Arena)
11. Dreamcast emulator (Reicast) (2)
12. VLC Media Player (1) (Source Code)

13. Brutal Doom (1) (Source 1) (source 2) (Source 3)
14. Manga/Comic Reader (1)
15. Super Mario War (1) (Source Code)
16. Opera Browser (1) (Source Code)
18. Save Re-signer (1)

19. PPSSPP Emulator (1) (Source Code)
20. World of Sand SDL (1) (Source Code)
21. Sumatra PDF Reader (1) (Source Code)
22. Descent (1) (Source Code ARM Based)
23. Atari ST (1)
24. BBC Micro Computer (1)
25. Marathon Trilogy (1) (Source Code And Engine)
26. pdf reader (1)
27. Serious Engine (1) (Source Code

(IF YOUR A DEVELOPER PLEASE (P.M) ME IF YOU ARE WORKING ON ONE OF THE ABOVE REQUESTS
SO I CAN UPDATE THE STATUS INDICATION)

(ALSO LINKS TO THE OPEN SOURCE CODE WILL BE ADDED NEXT TO THE REQUESTS) (A.S.A.P) if Avilable.

(RELEASE LINKS)

MemcardSwap - https://github.com/SMOKE5/memcardswap/releases
ScummVM - http://files.mydedibox.fr/files/Dev/psp2/scummvm-psp2_16-09-07.zip

(MORE INFO)

NOTE: REQUESTS THAT HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED TO BE IN THE DEVELOPMENT PROCESS WILL BE UPDATED VIA STATUS AND WHEN RELEASED EVENTUALLY REMOVED. I PLAN TO KEEP THIS LIST TO (30 MAXIMUM) LINKS TO ALL RELEASES WILL BE IN THE LINKS SECTION ALSO I WILL UPDATE AND CHANGE THIS LIST AND THREAD QUITE OFTEN AS WELL AS READ COMMENTS.

The main goal of this thread is to keep all requests in one place and organized.

(ALSO (P.M) ME FOR YOUR SUGGESTION TO BE ADDED TO THE LIST)
(OR COMMENT)

ADMIN OF THIS THREAD: VENOM INTELLECT

Last edited by Venom Intellect,

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
People shold think in resonable terms like an N64 emulator for instance.

The problem is people don't think of the hardware limitations.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Alright if any other mods are seeing or viewing this thread, can you please sticky it?

Transdude1996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I swear I hope no one asks if a PS2 emulator can be made or so help me I will strangle the shit out of them. :angry:

Can someone make a PS3 emulator, or, even better, a PS Vita emulator? :lol:

Seriously, though, let's establish to newcomers that the newest home console that the Vita will ever be able to have a fully functioning emulator for is the Dreamcast and leave it at that. In fact, note it in the OP.

Last edited by Transdude1996,

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
These threads always end up messy because people don't use a lot of common sense when making requests, or don't really see things from a developer's point of view.

Can you please port ___? There is an existing open source project for this that should be portable, here is a link to the GitHub of a similar homebrew that also runs on ARM architecture.

Here is a bad request:
Can somebody make a Wii emulator?

Consider that your request is more likely to be fulfilled if an open source project already exists for a similar architecture (i.e. don't ask for Cemu or SSF), and is fesible to be ported (i.e., don't ask for Dolphin). Your request is less likely to be fulfilled if it has to be coded from scratch and is completely from the leftfield with little regard for the target hardware.

Last edited by sj33,
Reactions: Venom Intellect

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country

Seriously, though, let's establish to newcomers that the newest home console that the Vita will ever be able to have a fully functioning emulator for is the Dreamcast and leave it at that. In fact, note it in the OP.

Ha! not even modern deskop pc's, laptops, or any other modern mobile device can run dream cast emulation. From what I understand Dream cast emulation is one of the most complicated things ever created, next to the xbox 360.

Last edited by jimmyleen,

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Actually, a Dreamcast emulator wouldn't be too unreasonable a request as per my above stated criteria, as the Reicast emulator is open source and available for ARM architecture and many Android tablets share the same GPU as the Vita. It might be too much of an undertaking for a relatively niche homebrew format like the Vita, however.

Reactions: sage3k and Raylight

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
Actually, a Dreamcast emulator wouldn't be too unreasonable a request as per my above stated criteria, as the Reicast emulator is open source and available for ARM architecture and many Android tablets share the same GPU as the Vita. It might be too much of an undertaking for a relatively niche homebrew format like the Vita, however.

I didn't think the emulation for it was good much less stable.

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Ķkkkkk

PSvita Emulator its only thing i wanna from my vita. Tired of emulators

Venom Intellect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These threads always end up messy because people don't use a lot of common sense when making requests, or don't really see things from a developer's point of view.

Here is a bad request:

Consider that your request is more likely to be fulfilled if an open source project already exists for a similar architecture (i.e. don't ask for Cemu or SSF), and is fesible to be ported (i.e., don't ask for Dolphin). Your request is less likely to be fulfilled if it has to be coded from scratch and is completely from the leftfield with little regard for the target hardware.

I wish people would also stay on topic in other threads.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Here is a bad request:

I added your good/bad suggestion part of your comment to thread and gave credit.

phant0mg33k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes could you make a VPK to edit a .ini file that may or may not unlock the vita. The only trick is you have to set a 0 to 1 in the Vs0 partition. That looks to be a bit on the un-easy side. That or possibly a theme manger. Subsonic music streamer app would also be the best thing ever. Any of those 3 and I would be forever grateful. If not thanks for listening

Venom Intellect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes could you make a VPK to edit a .ini file that may or may not unlock the vita. The only trick is you have to set a 0 to 1 in the Vs0 partition. That looks to be a bit on the un-easy side. That or possibly a theme manger. Subsonic music streamer app would also be the best thing ever. Any of those 3 and I would be forever grateful. If not thanks for listening

I'll add your suggestion to the list.

Reactions: phant0mg33k

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Following are consoles/computers/engines which had a emulator for PSP but don't have anyone for HENKaku:
  • C64
  • Amstrad CPC464
  • ZX Spectrum 48K
  • MSX
  • Atari 800,800XL,130XE and 5200
  • Sam Coupe
  • Dragon32/64-Tandy Coco
  • Thompson MO5
  • Thompson TO7
  • BBC Micro Computer
  • Atari 2600
  • Atari 7800
  • Colecovision
  • Intellivision
  • Vectrex
  • Pc-Engine/TurboGrafx-16
  • Commodore Amiga
  • Atari ST
  • Final Burn
  • M.A.M.E.
  • S.C.U.M.M. <- Yes, there is a ScummVM for PSP (but the Vita has a touchscreen)
  • Nintendo 64
  • Z-Machine
I would like to see a native version of all of them (even when they had no problem in VHBL since its more comfortable this way and some could utilise the touchscreen and the rear-touchpad)

Edit: All emulators for the consoles/computer/engines mentioned could be found here http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=8026

Last edited by VitaType,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1