Hacking Question Help!

IRW

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
image.jpg So I may have made a big F up. I got the newest version of atmosphere then booted with tegra rcm then injected fusee primary then updated the system on accident I and keep getting this in a boot loop. My switch is currently banned. All I want to do is update it safely (again) if possible and play games. Sorry if this topic is in the wrong place. I just need help getting cfw back and running. Also let me say im not too bright w/ switch modding. I'd also like to say that if possible, could I clear my sd card and start over?

Last edited by IRW,

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Were you using a custom theme on your Switch? That could be the cause.

Rename your atmosphere folder to atmosphere_bak (or something similar, the point is not to overwrite it.)

Then copy over a new atmosphere folder from the release download.

Now copy the config folder from your atmosphere_bak folder, and paste it in your atmosphere folder, overwriting other files as necessary.

See if that fixes it. If so, the cause was something you had inside your atmosphere folder, probably LayeredFS-related and like I said, potentially a custom theme. Which at this point you're free to re-install using NXThemes Installer or any other homebrew theme installer you might use.

Reactions: IRW

IRW

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will try rn

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Were you using a custom theme on your Switch? That could be the cause.

Rename your atmosphere folder to atmosphere_bak (or something similar, the point is not to overwrite it.)

Then copy over a new atmosphere folder from the release download.

Now copy the config folder from your atmosphere_bak folder, and paste it in your atmosphere folder, overwriting other files as necessary.

See if that fixes it. If so, the cause was something you had inside your atmosphere folder, probably LayeredFS-related and like I said, potentially a custom theme. Which at this point you're free to re-install using NXThemes Installer or any other homebrew theme installer you might use.
This fixed it tysm! I appreciate it!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...